Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
We are looking for a Talent Experience Coordinator to support our Americas Talent Experience (TX) team for 6 months - starting late August 2021. You'll collaborate and support both go-to-market and technical recruiters as we grow our teams in Toronto, New York, Denver, Vancouver, Calgary and across the Americas. You'll support our candidates and hiring teams and live our value each and every day.
About the Role
The ideal candidate thrives in a time-sensitive fast-paced environment, is energized by a dynamic role, and is an expert in multitasking and staying organized. This role is ideal for someone looking to learn and grow their career in talent acquisition and/or human resources. You have a get it done attitude, and go above and beyond to create a world-class experience for all three of your primary stakeholders: job candidates, hiring teams and TX colleagues. This will be a 6 month fixed term contract.
What You'll Do
- Support a growing team of recruiters with coordinating candidate interviews (onsite, Google Hangouts and phone screens) globally. You will be juggling multiple calendars in many time zones at once, which requires flexibility and patience. Accuracy is a must!
- Use our ATS, phone calls and email to provide a high-touch candidate experience
- Partner with recruiters to create a fun and professional candidate experience for each candidateUpdate our applicant tracking system (Lever) and monitor the database to ensure candidate progression is being tracked properly
- Solve problems, improve and automate processes, and think outside of the box with little directionServe as primary POC for background and reference checks, and other pre-employment and onboarding logistics
- Assist with talent-related events and campaigns - both internally and externally
- Look after the day-to-day administrative work of the TX department, to include processing invoices and purchase orders, coordinating team meetings, running reports, liaising with vendors, et al
- Effective Communication and Balancing Stakeholders
- Resilience & Adaptability
- Effective Work Habits
- Confidentiality & Professional Maturity
- Technical Aptitude for HR tools (Lever, Workday, ATS/HRIS)
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 6 months of coordination, HR assistance, administrative support, or equivalent scheduling and people-oriented experience
- Experience working with key stakeholders at all levels - must be comfortable communicating directly with hiring managers
- Must have experience with the G-Suite: Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Hangouts
- Preferred experience with people management software systems (HRIS, ATS)
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $48,000 to $58,000 commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.