SVP, People Operations (Human Resources)
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Zayo Group is seeking an experienced human resources executive to provide leadership for our human resources functions. The SVP, PeopleOps reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with the executive team and business segment leads to advance the company’s business objectives and help define and oversee its culture. The position is located in Zayo’s global headquarters in Boulder.
- Leads human resources functions including talent management, recruitment and hiring, employee relations, training and development, diversity and inclusion, and regulatory oversight and legal compliance for Zayo and its 4000 employees.
- Partners with the executive leadership team to analyze, develop, and execute global people operations initiatives, processes, and company culture.
- Builds and strengthens a high level of employee engagement and positive organizational culture that aligns Zayo’s talent with its Vision, Mission, and Goals.
- Builds and maintains collaborative partnerships with company leaders and providing advice on the development and maintenance of programs and policies that are aligned to support the execution of strategic objectives and initiatives across the organization and enable the company to recruit and retain best-in-class talent.
- Oversees compliance with applicable federal, state and international legal requirements, benefits administration, and other rules and regulations.
- Prepares materials for and presents to Compensation Committee of Board of Directors.
- Leads HR support of M&A activities from due diligence to integration.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop succession planning at all levels.
- Oversees strategy and implementation of approaches to create a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- 15+ years’ relevant human resources leadership experience.
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment and decision-making ability.
- Experience in a global and multi-state organization.
- Experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment and matrixed organizational structure.
- Experience partnering with the executive team and interacting with the Board of Directors.
- Experience in building and scaling HR systems, programs and processes to meet the strategic growth of an organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with business leaders.
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced, deadline- and data-driven work environment.
- Ability and willingness to provide a balance of strategy and execution with hands-on management that is detailed and works alongside of team to get things done.
- Command of HR regulations, federal and state labor and employment laws and requirements.
- Proven record of building a strong team to deliver results to the business.
- Ability to treat sensitive and confidential matters with discretion.
- Ability to direct geographically dispersed team and travel at least 10% of the time to other offices across the U.S., Canada and UK/EU.
- Computer and software systems experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.