Who We Are
We power software that makes the world more productive! Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com. We just surpassed our 100k developer milestone!
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Scaleup, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell.
To learn more about our inclusive culture, our company values, and our Remote-First work philosophy, check out our careers page! We have physical office space in Denver, San Francisco, and London, for people who prefer working in-person (though not mandatory).
Want to know more? Check us out on Glassdoor, Comparably (2021 Best Company for Career Growth + more) and Great Place to Work!
We are building out a world-class Talent function to drive our next stage of rapid growth and provide an incredible experience for our candidates. Initially reporting to our VP of Talent, you will be an owner of your area and a partner for our Engineering organization, focused on attracting top technical talent and building strong relationships with candidates.
What You'll Do
- Be creative and iterative. The market for talent is very competitive. In order to differentiate, we need to think outside of the box and working to continuously improve our candidate pipeline and every interaction candidates have throughout the hiring process.
- Be a recruiting expert. You will personally own and manage high leverage roles and close technical candidates of all levels. You'll be creative and analytical in building a system that attracts top candidates.
- Be data and process-driven. Look for ways to automate processes and self-serve information for stakeholders. You will guide recruiting strategy and decisions with a data-driven approach, stemming from having repeatable and scalable processes the recruiting team adheres to. You will also present recruiting data to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Be candidate-focused. We care deeply about the experiences candidates have with us, and we want everyone (whether they receive an offer or not) to walk away feeling positively about Nylas and our team. You will look at every stage of the candidate funnel, from education to closing calls, and look for opportunities to create better, more engaging experiences.
- Partnership-focused. Our hiring managers own their pipelines as much as the recruiting team. Creating a collaborative partnership with hiring managers and setting appropriate expectations will be critical to the recruiting team’s success.
- Diversity-focused. Help build a recruiting infrastructure focused on diversifying our pipeline and integrating a plan for ensuring successful hires into our interview process.
- Be proactive. Be action-oriented and results-driven to overcome recruiting obstacles and establish standards and areas of responsibility for others.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience, in an agency and/or in-house
- Proven track record of recruiting and sourcing candidates of all levels, and ability to be iterative in our approach, process, and strategy
- Ability to strategically partner with and advise technical leaders throughout the recruiting process
- Understanding of what great process-driven recruiting looks like, and is able to apply data to inform recruiting strategy and decisions
- Familiarity with technology markets and competitive landscape (SaaS / API infrastructure a plus)
- Ability to quickly learn a technical product and articulate its value proposition and story to candidates
- Prior experience building recruiting strategy around diversity is a plus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): w/ 14 company-wide holidays. After first 6 months, you are highly encouraged to take a 2 week consecutive vacation annually.
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description