Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for a Senior Sales Recruiter to assist with our rapid growth across the globe. This is a remarkable opportunity to build on an already strong People foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of people. Reporting to the Head of People, this role will work closely with the Sales organization. You understand how to partner effectively with hiring teams to develop a strong recruiting culture. You leverage creative techniques to discover qualified candidates and have demonstrated success in converting passive leads to active candidates. You understand that no close is ever identical, and have numerous examples of going above and beyond to deeply connect with your candidates and ultimately bring them on board. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Own the end to end hiring for the Sales organization- including headcount ownership, stakeholder management, process refinement, pipeline reporting, compensation negotiation, leading sourcing efforts, etc.
- Roles under your purview would include EMEA distributed Account Executives, Solution Engineers, Sales Development Reps, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement, etc.
- Source candidates through various searches with a focus on DI&B
- Work closely with hiring managers to deeply understand sales requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Reflect and iterate on the hiring process to improve efficiency, quality of assessment, and ability to close candidates
- Develop creative strategies to convert passive leads to active candidates
- Provide a delightful experience to every candidate, regardless of hiring outcome
- Analyze recruiting metrics to pinpoint opportunity areas and implement solutions
- Drive offers, including generating offer letters, extending offers, and closing candidates.
- Build strong, diverse pipelines of quality talent for various positions across all departments.
- Manage Nylas’ employer brand by telling compelling stories of our opportunity and culture.
- Design and facilitate interview and recruiting discussions with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Coach and guide hiring managers on recruiting related processes and interview skills
- Leverage data and industry trends to build and execute on creative closing strategies
- Manage the recruitment process from initial contact to offer, ensuring an exceptional candidate journey
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring managers and executive management
What You'll Bring
- You have 5+ years of global Sales recruiting experience (startup experience is a major plus!)
- You have technical expertise and deep understanding of technical concepts, competitive landscape, terminology, trends, and products including coding languages and technical stacks
- You are self-motivated and driven; you look for solutions and impact, without being asked twice.
- You are curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business.
- You are motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- You have the ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- You have a proven track record of success in building strong partnerships with Engineering team and stakeholders
- You are capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- You have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- You have a curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): w/ 14 company-wide holidays. After first 6 months, you are highly encouraged to take a 2 week consecutive vacation annually.
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description