Sr. Sales Recruiter at Nylas (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:45 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, April 14, 2022
Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
Nylas is searching for a Senior Sales Recruiter to assist with our rapid growth across the globe. This is a remarkable opportunity to build on an already strong People foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of people. Reporting to our Recruiting Manager, this role will work closely with the Sales organization. You understand how to partner effectively with hiring teams to develop a strong recruiting culture. You leverage creative techniques to discover qualified candidates and have demonstrated success in converting passive leads to active candidates. You understand that no close is ever identical, and have numerous examples of going above and beyond to deeply connect with your candidates and ultimately bring them on board. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Own the end to end hiring for the Sales organization- including headcount ownership, stakeholder management, process refinement, pipeline reporting, compensation negotiation, leading sourcing efforts, etc.
- Roles under your purview would include EMEA distributed Account Executives, Solution Engineers, Sales Development Reps, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement, etc.
- Source candidates through various searches with a focus on DI&B
- Work closely with hiring managers to deeply understand sales requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Reflect and iterate on the hiring process to improve efficiency, quality of assessment, and ability to close candidates
- Develop creative strategies to convert passive leads to active candidates
- Provide a delightful experience to every candidate, regardless of hiring outcome
- Analyze recruiting metrics to pinpoint opportunity areas and implement solutions
- Drive offers, including generating offer letters, extending offers, and closing candidates.
- Build strong, diverse pipelines of quality talent for various positions across all departments.
- Manage Nylas’ employer brand by telling compelling stories of our opportunity and culture.
- Design and facilitate interview and recruiting discussions with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Coach and guide hiring managers on recruiting related processes and interview skills
- Leverage data and industry trends to build and execute on creative closing strategies
- Manage the recruitment process from initial contact to offer, ensuring an exceptional candidate journey
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring managers and executive management
What You'll Bring
- You have 5+ years of global Sales recruiting experience (startup experience is a major plus!)
- You have technical expertise and deep understanding of technical concepts, competitive landscape, terminology, trends, and products including coding languages and technical stacks
- You are self-motivated and driven; you look for solutions and impact, without being asked twice.
- You are curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business.
- You are motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- You have the ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- You have a proven track record of success in building strong partnerships with Engineering team and stakeholders
- You are capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- You have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- You have a curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.