Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, Pie’s People and Talent teams are fully remote. Given our team’s hybrid office and distributed structure pre-pandemic, this incredibly collaborative team thrives in tight, constant communication no matter where we live and work. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
When it is safe for our offices to re-open, this role will sit in our Denver office, supporting teams that are primarily Denver-based. This position will require some travel between Denver and DC and possibly to other locations.
How You'll Do It
Pie believes in the power of human potential. Hiring, developing, empowering, rewarding and retaining amazing talent is core to our ability to serve the small business community. You will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our people operations and, therefore, our business. As a Sr. People Partner, you will be a trusted partner to our VP of People and Talent and will work across the leadership team as we continue to grow and scale our teams in 2021. We are a start-up, so we also need you to be willing and able to balance running daily operations with special projects. All hands and minds are needed.
Success in this role will require influential partnership with leaders in Engineering, Product, and Customer Experience to execute people strategies that foster organizational effectiveness and business growth. The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into a people-focused agenda that supports the business as it scales.
Whether It’s Right For You
We expect you’ll bring at least 9 years of working experience in the field of Human Resources, working toward a Senior level position. Having previous experience working in a high-growth, venture-backed startup would be ideal in this position. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work.
- Provide an outstanding experience for our team members and leaders throughout the team member lifecycle, from onboarding through offboarding, while also providing day-to-day support and coaching.
- Develop strong knowledge and understanding of how our business works in order to support your leaders in building the teams they need to be effective. This includes developing high-trust, collaborative relationships with your business partners.
- Work closely with the VP, People and Talent to develop, implement and continue to iterate on foundational people ops programs, including but not limited to performance engagement, manager and leadership training, compliance-driven processes, programs and training, DEI and any other programs or initiatives that meet Pie’s business needs.
- Acting with urgency and proactively managing expectations when responding to inquiries and requests for assistance from leaders, team members, People and Talent team members, and our IT and Finance partners.
- Leverage and grow organizational design and change management expertise in order to support the organization as it transforms to meet business needs in a highly dynamic environment.
- Develop data-driven, growth-oriented and best practice-driven business cases for implementing new or updating existing new People and Talent tools, policies, processes and programs that will effectively support a rapidly scaling organization.
- Developing and delivering people-driven training content to team members, leaders and within our own People team.
The Right Stuff
- 9 years of experience in people, HR, talent or business operations experience is preferred.
- 5 years of experience working in a HR Business Partner/People Partner or equivalent level role is highly desired.
- Expertise in non-exempt wage laws and employee leave practices required.
- Organizational Development. You understand and can see the bigger picture of how an organization fits together. You know how to develop strategies with the leaders you support by building and calibrating team and organizational design strategies that support our scaling business.
- Strategic Partnership. Partner with hiring leaders to work alongside them and develop their organizational objectives, drive team member on-boarding, engagement and performance management to ensure objectives are met now and into the future
- Planning. You are highly skilled in developing and executing on plans that are a part of a larger organizational strategy. As a Sr. People Partner, you will guide the business by executing on growth-oriented standards and working with them to achieve their objectives
- Process Orientation. You enjoy finding the opportunities to create, automate and improve processes to ensure the best delivery of people services. You also think about the long-term goals and vision of the team to help see potential obstacles and proactively plan for solutions.
- Data Driven: Acknowledgement of how a data driven approach can help us run our business more efficiently through the HR process. You bring new ideas on how to use data to establish people strategies that support the business needs.
- Adaptability. You thrive when creating order from ambiguity and demonstrate experience successfully adapting to a dynamic environment where processes and priorities change quickly. You will also provide Pie team members and leaders with high touch support throughout their career at Pie.
- Competitive salary.
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options).
- Comprehensive health plans.
- Generous Paid sick leave.
- Future focused 401k match.
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process.
When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges. We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $110,000 - $143,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding