Sr. Manager, HRIS
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Senior Manager, HRIS will drive the successful delivery of HRIS (Workday) and supporting business processes, manage the implementation of strategic and operational initiatives for technology and data solutions in support of People Operations and the overall vision of Zayo. The Sr Manager, HRIS will lead and mentor HRIS analysts and consultants in a manner that builds competencies, enables team concept and promotes high quality customer interactions that reflect the mission and values of the organization. Responsibilities will also include ensuring continuous improvement coupled with timely and excellent service delivery in support of business needs, interacting with vendors for operations and participating in the vendor application engagement including review of vendor system strategy and roadmaps.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures, protocols, etc. ensuring procedural integrity of HR data and standardization of HRIS functions in Workday and related systems.
- Partner with leadership and subject matter experts to develop and implement appropriate HRIS service delivery models in defining, delivering, and improving services for HR and other customers.
- Provide leadership and expertise on HRIS capabilities with focus on Workday, including the utilization and adoption of new features to support Zayo business functions.
- Plan, assign, and direct the activities of the team or vendors involved in the essential HRIS functions required to implement, maintain, enhance and diagnose HR systems, data and integrations, including oversight of release planning and implementation for Workday.
- Ensure HR and business reporting needs are prioritized and delivered through self-service and standardized analytics tools promoting a data-based decision making standard of service.
- Assist in the development, adherence and monitoring of security policies, procedures and audit practices for application and data within the HRIS domain.
- Maintain relationships and collaborate with cross functional leaders, IT and other customers to identify opportunities for optimization, leverage best practices, address system and data challenges, and evaluate emerging application technologies to effectively address business needs.
- Provide support, mentorship, training and development to the team to ensure a high level of department performance while in alignment with the mission and values of Zayo.
- Ensure that HRIS resources are allocated appropriately, roles and responsibilities are defined, staffing needs are addressed timely and essential skills/competencies are developed to enable a successful service and project delivery model.
Dependent upon complexity, scope and impact of a project, will perform most or all of the following functions:
- Plans, organizes, secures, and manages resources and tasks to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Ensures quality delivery of project on time and within budget.
- Continually assess the health of a project and project teams, regularly netting review findings so that the most important problem areas, as well as most noteworthy areas for praise, are clearly identified.
- Actively manage and drive overall project cost, schedule, and quality performance relative to internal metrics and contractual requirements.
- Develop integrated plans that includes project deliverables, strategic alignment, total cost management, enterprise-wise impacts, milestones, risks, assumptions, constraints, change management and overall project investment. Updates project plans, priorities, and project sequencing as needed.
- Demonstrates effective interactions and positive interpersonal skills in dealing with fellow employees, supervisors, stakeholders, other department employees and vendors in order to maximize productivity and positive employee relations including virtual team leadership and interactions. Partners and collaborates cross-functionally throughout project to resolve issues, address prioritization, manage risks and ensure success.
- Anticipates and identifies task required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Computer Science, Business Mgmt. or related field.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible HR leadership experience and/or broad exposure to HR and/or payroll functional areas and HRIS systems and technologies.
- 5 years of technical system knowledge and demonstrated experience with complex HR and/or payroll systems (e.g. Ultipro, Workday, Oracle, ADP, Success Factors).
- 5 years of Supervisory or management capacity with demonstrated ability to lead people and get work done through others within a matrix organization.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience implementing complex HR and/or payroll systems (e.g. Ultipro, Workday, Oracle, ADP, Kronos, Taleo, Success Factors).
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.