Sr. Human Resources Business Partner at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
* Please note that we are conducting a NATIONAL search for this position, candidates from anywhere within the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner will guide a team of human resources professionals who implement and administer a variety of human resource programs as advisors to an assigned line of business. Anticipates and plans for the human capital needs for a line of business and ensures that management is equipped to deliver those plans in a compliant and consistent manner. Coaches staff on how to effectively balance the varying (and at times competing) needs of management, employees, candidates across the spectrum of human capital topics.
- Guides the implementation and administration of various human resource programs throughout an assigned line of business and through a staff of human resources professionals.
- Interprets various corporate HR programs, annual planning activities and ad-hoc projects and determines the best approach for engaging with and advising assigned business management for effective implementation.
- Recommends solutions to improve employee productivity, retention and engagement throughout assigned business as well as to enhance manager effectiveness.
- Understands the operational goals of the business and guides staff to create a coordinated human capital plan to enable those goals.
- Has a broad range of experience in human capital activities such as merit planning, career management, performance management, succession planning, supervisor coaching, and workforce planning. Participate as part of a multi-disciplinary HR team in constructing / designing such programs.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Sets team priorities and is accountable for the achievement of team objectives.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7-10 years of work experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave