Sr. HRIS Analyst
Please review the job details below.
With a focus on production support, release management, business process efficiency, security administration, reporting, and analysis, this position is critical to the execution of HR systems strategy and supporting Workday at Maxar Technologies. The individual in this position serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of our Workday system, and ensures process efficiencies that serve the needs for all users. The Sr. Analyst is responsible for the Workday platform including HCM, Benefits, Recruitment, Absence, Talent Management, Advanced Compensation, and other Workday modules, including Payroll. The Senior Analyst partners with various functional areas to provide HR system administration and support, as well as data, organizational, and security role maintenance
- Support Workday users in HR and Payroll by answering questions, troubleshooting problems, creating and/or modifying reports. Obtain in depth knowledge of requirements to facilitate design, configuration, testing, and deployment of system modifications when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with the Human Resources team to prioritize, troubleshoot, research, and escalate reported issues. Proactively keeps end-users aware of status and takes responsibility for ensuring outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner. Conduct working sessions with users to gather, understand, and analyze business requirements.
- Identify, recommend and track opportunities for process and operational improvements. Analyze and recommend enhancements to business processes and other aspects of system configuration to streamline HR and Payroll operations and optimize efficiency while ensuring data integrity. Ensure the users takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Architect/develop and implement scalable, flexible solutions that are extensible to future business needs in areas of Workday HCM, Compensation, Recruiting, Talent, Absence, Security and Reporting.
- Participate actively in the Workday Community, propose and advocate for improvements to the Workday solution, and build a network of peers to share best-practices with. Proactively monitor new features released by Workday and advocate for appropriate adoption plans.
- Lead activities to prepare for and support twice-annual upgrades. Review new functionality with end-users to identify desired acceptance. Develop and deploy testing and implementation strategies for new functionality.
- Produce and deliver standard and customized reports, dashboards and ad-hoc requests based on business needs. Addresses Workday HCM data requests from internal customers (HR Partners, Talent Acquisitions, Compensation, etc.)
- Maintain accurate security role permissions, and create new roles as needed.
- Create and maintain organizational and other setup data to include, but not limited to: Companies and hierarchy, Supervisory and hierarchies, Locations and hierarchies, Positions, etc.
- Create EIB Template configuration and loads to meet various needs.
- Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the company’s internal/external audit controls and compliance practices.
- Perform regular audits to ensure regulatory compliance, data security, and system integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, IT, Business or related field or equivalent relevant education/experience.
- 3-5 years HRIS Systems Analyst experience with Workday HRIS
- Highly analytical with strong functional and configuration skills in Workday core modules, especially HCM, Benefits, Talent, Compensation, and in Business Process and Domain Security Configuration.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of report writing
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience manipulating complex data sets
- Citizen of The United States or Permanent Resident
- Able to work as a member of a team and demonstrates a service mentality to support the Business Unit HR teams in their use of the systems.
- Exceptional people skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both a technical audience and business users.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Discipline to work with highly confidential information and ability to critically analyze data input/output for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Proactive approach to process improvement
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Regularly and customarily exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Familiarity with EIBs and calculated fields
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.