Sr. HR Business Partner
As part of our continuing growth and desire to better support our leaders and Gridders, we’re excited about adding a Sr. HR Business Partner to our team. This role will partner with a variety of talented business leaders and their teams, supporting our Engineering & Product teams. This is a high impact role requiring strong business acumen that helps you translate business strategy to people strategy. You’ll use both data and common sense to help our leaders proactively lead their teams in ways that improve performance, drive high retention and ensure high levels of engagement across the teams they serve.
You’ll get things done by working closely with your People Ops peers to execute HR strategies that are focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning and employee engagement. Your support will ensure strong management capabilities, effective employee relations strategies, and managers will expect you to be the driver and support system for all of our talent management processes. You’ll be a key player in leading through organizational change and the enhancement of our People Operations strategic support in ways that will build stronger functional organizations capable of driving amazing business results while continuing to strengthen our culture and overall HR effectiveness.
What You’ll Do
- Drive alignment with the business to ensure that POps programs are designed and delivered to meet the strategic needs of the business groups you’re supporting.
- Meet regularly and proactively with managers, departments, etc. and provide guidance to them on all things people related such as compensation, organizational change, compliance, HR operations, engagement, recruitment, development, performance management, etc.
- Train and support our people leaders in all aspects of talent management so that they are capable of driving the high levels of engagement and performance that lead to the overachievement of our team and organizational goals.
- Provide guidance and coaching to all SendGridders on employee relations issues, career planning, feedback, mentoring, etc. Manage tough situations to resolution.
- Serve as a strong partner for all HR functions. As an HRBP, you will have unique insights that will be important to driving strategy and programs in all of our functional areas. You’ll be leaning in and providing great feedback, ideas, and suggestions that enhance our ability deliver the programs and level of support needed to execute on our business strategy.
- You’ll need at least 5 years of experience as an HRBP, working with diverse teams in a high growth environment. Experience supporting technology teams preferred.
- You’re smart, insightful, bring mature thought and common sense to the People Ops team and to the teams you serve. You hold deep knowledge of HR fundamentals in all HR functional areas which you share freely with team members and those you support.
- You’ll need a successful track record of interfacing with and influencing the leadership of an organization where keen business insight, understanding of financials and market trends as it relates to the HR function were critical to the success of the business.
- You’ll be a practitioner of proactive vs reactive HR. You can anticipate needs, identify gaps, provide alternatives to resolve issues, and share those options with the business in ways that lead to action and results. You’ll help execute these solutions and will work with managers to ensure effective change management as new processes/solutions are adopted.
- You’ll bring strong evidence of the ability to collect, assimilate and analyze data in ways that lead to great decision making. Must have advanced knowledge of the Google Apps and/or MS Office Suite.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 35 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.