Sr. Director, Business Partner at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
Work closely with our SVP, Business Partner and the President of our Merchant Services Organization and serve as a member of the senior leadership team to lead and drive people initiatives on behalf of the business. Develop and drive strategies around employee engagement, talent management, succession planning, performance management, manager development, talent acquisition and workforce planning throughout the assigned business group.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive and assist with business group programs and communications as they relate to the group.
- Coach senior leaders to help them strengthen their people leadership skills. Serve as sounding board and confidante to help plan and better handle interactions and business situations. Coach managers on talent mobility and assist with growing career paths for Senior level leaders and executives.
- Drive Inclusion & Diversity programs and develop strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain diverse talent.
- Utilize analytics to understand trends and drive business decisions and align TPO initiatives.
- Manage compensation processes (e.g. merit, salary changes, bonus, and equity programs) for assigned business unit.
- Implement People Office programs and policies covering areas of training and organizational development, employee and manager relations and retention, staffing and talent management.
- Partner with executive team and finance team; assist with developing budget; direct and manage expenses and cost reduction activities related to current headcount, open requisitions, and salary
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling leadership to support high performance culture.
- Create highly effective employee groups by identifying performance issues based upon metrics, managing performance on regular basis, and implementing solutions
- Establish effective partnerships across FIS, The People Office team, and the business.
- Work in partnership with other Business People Partners, People Direct Partners and with Centers of Excellence (e.g. salary review, workforce planning, training, recruiting, employee relations and organizational change) to roll out key People Office initiatives.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Review, analyze and respond to problem workforce trends in partnership with the workforce analytics team.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What You Bring
- At least 10 or more years in Human Resources role
- Experience in a professional role within the Financial Services or Technology sector preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- Having a PHR or SPHR certificate is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Proficiency with HRIS and other systems.
- Experience leading change management.
- Experience with (9-box), talent plans, succession planning and coaching and mentoring the leadership teams.
- Ability to handle complex employee relations issues.
- Ability to work proactively and independent of daily supervision in a complex matrix environment.
- Strong leadership attributes, able to think holistically, and drive change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work with all levels in the organization.
- Great analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Possess high professional standards regarding customer service, ethics, confidentiality, and quality of work product.
- Ability to travel, on a limited basis, to other work sites and employee populations.
What We Offer You
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.