Sr Compensation Analyst at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Our Global HR Compensation & Benefits department is expanding, and Arrow is looking for a Sr. Compensation Analyst to join the team in our Centennial, CO location. The Sr. Compensation Analyst is responsible for supporting strategic business objectives through the implementation and execution of Arrow’s global compensation programs. The Sr. Analyst is a key member of the Compensation Team tasked with successfully managing relationships with and providing general compensation support and guidance to the global compensation team, regional compensation and benefits teams, HR colleagues and business managers. This role will perform compensation administrative activities and project work, both as a team member and as a project leader.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Compensation Projects and Data Analytics (40%): Participates in various compensation projects and performs data analysis as needed.
- The Analyst will assist with projects by:
- Serving as the global compensation lead for Payfactors used within all regions.
- Examining internal compensation practices, internal equity, and employee pay programs in comparison to market data and external trends/pay practices. Via in-depth analysis, explores and recommends opportunities for compensation program enhancements that are competitive and cost efficient for implementation.
- Conducting online research on a variety of compensation related topics (i.e., FLSA practices, minimum wage compliance, new compensation related legislation compliance, etc.)
- Providing input and completing analysis around annual salary structure movement and salary planning/merit budget recommendations.
- Preparing analytical summaries, presentations and other material to communicate compensation research findings, training initiatives, project deliverables, etc. to be presented to HR and/or business managers.
- Assisting in the successful integration of compensation practices and policies on mergers and acquisitions.
- The Analyst will assist with projects by:
- Compensation Administration (30%): Participates in (and may lead) various compensation administrative processes including:
- Conduct job review and evaluation using both Global Grading System and market pricing via the Payfactors system for recommendation to the Global Compensation Committee.
- Manages the global participation in and analysis of compensation surveys and assists regional compensation & benefits teams with survey participation, ensuring appropriate matching of Arrow’s jobs to survey positions.
- Participates in annual compensation planning/merit process, providing program and system support to HR and regional Compensation and Benefits teams during planning process, assisting with the development and distribution of communication materials and training, generating reporting and analyzing merit awards vs. budgets, compensation equity, etc.
- HRIS (Workday) Data Administration (30%): Manages compensation related information in Workday including, but not limited to, data around employee compensation, jobs, base pay and bonus programs, critical reporting information, etc. Ensures compensation related information stored in Workday is accurate and consistent. Designs and/or runs reports and conducts analysis as requested or needed for project work.
- May review and approve compensation transactions in Workday for new hires and promotions, consulting HR Business Partners and business managers regarding compensation programs guidelines.
What Are We Looking For?
- Advanced understanding of Compensation principles, practices and trends.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member, establish and maintain effective working relationships across multiple functions and job levels. Experience interfacing with multiple levels of management.
- Ability to work autonomously but can identify when to seek help or ask questions. Ability to assess situations, understand compensation implications and form a proposal to address issues. Ability to understand problems, get to the root cause and propose realistic solutions within company/HR policy and practice framework.
- Experience independently managing projects, including working directly with clients to understand needs, designing project plans to appropriately meet objectives and seeing engagement through completion.
- Ability to keep sensitive human resources and compensation information highly confidential.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Proficient use of HRIS systems (Workday (ideal), Oracle, PeopleSoft) and compensation related web applications (Payfactors ideal).
- Must be able to demonstrate: excellent analytical and coordinating skills; customer orientation; interpersonal aptitude; interpersonal influence; commitment to quality; achievement orientation; self-development; company-wide perspective; and business insight.
- Compensation Professional Certification (CCP) via WorldatWork or working toward certification
- Knowledge of industry and competitive market
- International experience
Experience / Education
- Requires a Bachelor's degree
- Requires 5 years prior compensation experience, including progressively more complex compensation assignments.
What’s In It For You?
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)