Senior Technical Recruiter at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:09 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
As a Senior Recruiter at Pie, you will play a critical role in building a rapidly growing startup. With 150 employees today, our business strategy is dependent on attracting top talent as we grow by over 100 people in the next year.
How You’ll Do It
Pie believes in the power of human potential. Hiring amazing talent is core to our ability to serve the small business community. As our first full-time Technical Recruiter, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our business with exceptional fellow Pie-oneers!
Pie’s HR and Operations team work out of both Denver and DC, but don’t let the geographical divide fool you. This incredibly collaborative team is in tight, constant communication. Sitting in Denver, you will be a trusted partner to our Engineering and leadership teams as we scale to 80+ engineers on our engineering team both in Denver and DC.
In this role, you will be a face of Pie with our candidates and agency partners. The typical day in this role includes:
· Providing all Pie prospects and candidates with a world class experience from start to finish
· Manage full-cycle recruiting process for Pie’s Engineering team and other teams as assigned
· Partner with hiring teams to understand their organizational objectives and drive hiring plans to achieve them
· Develop strategies to identify, attract and engage with the best talent from events to sourcing and referrals
· Recommend, build and execute processes that will help our recruiting team scale our efforts for years to come
· Coaching hiring managers and guiding them throughout the recruiting process
· Managing candidate flow through our ATS, Lever
· Meeting and greeting candidates for onsite interviews
You may work with the team on other efforts, such as:
· Creating, reviewing and distributing our job postings across our job posting platforms and social media
· Providing people-related support to both our DC and Denver offices
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. This is an experienced hire role, and you’ll need to bring seven (7) years of full-cycle recruiting experience, preferably in a mix of agency and high-growth tech environments. Here’s what else we’re looking for:
· People. You want to help others and enjoy facilitating the hiring experience.
· Hunting. The hunt thrills you and keeps you relentlessly on the lookout for not only the best talent but also newer and better ways of finding them.
· Farming. You cultivate a pipeline for months, perhaps even years, keeping top talent in your sights.
· Connecting. You understand requirements and needs. You understand what the candidate brings to the table and make the right connection within Pie.
· Qualifying. You leverage best practices to assess and qualify talent for Pie. No gut instincts, no good feelings. You get to the bottom of the story, every time.
· Urgency. You respond with lightning speed to texts, calls and emails. You don’t let next steps linger on your to-do list. You prefer an environment where a strong sense of urgency is rewarded.
· Adaptable. No other phrase describes a startup like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
· Raise Our Game. Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team for exponential growth.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2020 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.