Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 100,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for a Recruiter to assist with our rapid growth across the US. This is a remarkable opportunity to build on an already strong People foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of people. Reporting to our Recruiting Manager, this role will work closely with the Marketing organization.
You understand how to partner effectively with hiring teams to develop a strong recruiting culture. You leverage creative techniques to discover qualified candidates and have demonstrated success in converting passive leads to active candidates. You understand that no close is ever identical, and have numerous examples of going above and beyond to deeply connect with your candidates and ultimately bring them on board. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Be an Advocate. You will advocate for both candidates and hiring managers. While advocating for candidates, you will help them feel comfortable and excited, showing them the true Nylas way! While advocating for hiring managers, you will help them understand the process and hire quickly and effectively.
- Be proactive. Don’t wait for others to tell you how to do things or what to do. You will find success in this role by pushing things forward, asking questions, and accomplishing tasks. Don’t ask for permission, ask for forgiveness!
- Get Creative. Recruiting is competitive! It’s more important now than ever before to get creative and think outside the box to get candidates interested. Ask the right questions, and try things you’ve never done before.
- Be Bold. Recruiting can bring about uncomfortable conversations at times. Don’t be afraid to ask the big questions, and get the hard conversations out of the way, whether with candidates or hiring managers.
- Use Data. Use the data to discover what is and isn’t working. Being at a startup means we can change things quickly. Use the data to figure out where we can tweak things to make our processes better.
- Be Flexible. Being at a startup means that things change quickly, and all the time. When this happens, don’t forget to go with the flow, and have fun with it - it’s all part of startup life.
- Ask Questions. Question things! It’s our job to make Nylas better with awesome people. Don’t be afraid to question hiring managers, or processes. What could we be doing better?
- Be Accountable. We all make mistakes… we’re human! Own it, and let’s all move on.
What You'll Bring
- You have 3+ years of recruiting experience in the US (startup experience is a major plus!)
- You are self-motivated and driven; you look for solutions and impact, without being asked twice
- You are curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business.
- You are motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- You have the ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- You have a proven track record of success in building strong partnerships with G&A teams and stakeholders
- You are capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- You have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- You have a curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): w/ 14 company-wide holidays. After first 6 months, you are highly encouraged to take a 2 week consecutive vacation annually.
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description