Senior People Business Partner at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
This is an exciting time to join Checkr as we build a People function for scale. Be a part of a mission-driven company that is wholeheartedly committed to diversity and belonging and is passionate about the employee experience. Work with the leadership team to evolve the organization through transformational work and collaborate across the People Team to deliver on our growth and high-performance strategy. Act as a strategic partner to the client groups by activating the People Team strategy through day-to-day work and providing professional guidance and support with the objective of adding meaning and value to the business. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic super-creative professional who is driven by intellectual curiosity with a knack for delivering results.
- Have a seat at the People & Talent leadership table
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to executives, senior leaders, and managers
- Ensure the delivery of innovative organizational development solutions and cutting edge HR services across talent management, career development, performance management, leadership development, and culture
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders
- Support leaders and managers in building a workforce plan to forecast their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the organization to perform effectively and scale efficiently
- Partner effectively with other cross-functional teams such as People Success (L&D & Talent Enablement) and Compensation on communications and best practices
- Develop and promote ongoing feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of People services and processes
- Provide expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate
- Partner with the Talent (recruiting) and client groups
- Drive cross functional People projects and initiatives as needed
- Identify new opportunities for the People Team to add value to the business
- Maintain knowledge of progressive People practices and key trends
- Facilitate a high heart and high backbone leadership and coaching culture
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual People operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR Management, related field, or related experience
- Graduate or related experience degree preferred
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources, preferably in a high tech environment
- 4+ years as a Human Resources Business Partner
- Experience working with senior and executive stakeholders
- Experience understanding strategic organizational issues and influencing change
- Ability and desire to work strategically as well as hands-on
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Experience helping global organizations scale
- Experience cultivating relationships globally
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Consulting, coaching, and facilitation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently and actively as a member of both Business and HR teams locally and globally
- Resilience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with high energy and good humor
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $121,000-$142,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.