Senior Payroll Specialist at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist who will be responsible for accurately paying our growing team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the payroll process from time tracking to processing to reporting. The ideal candidate has independently run payroll at a fast-growing, dynamic company.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Leads multi-state payroll processing for approximately 750+ employees (exempt & non-exempt) on a bi-weekly basis, including time entry, garnishments, flexible time off (FTO), bonuses, benefits and 401K deductions.
- Ensures the processing of new hires, promotions, and terminations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Works closely with accounting to ensure the accurate and timely posting of journal entries from the payroll system.
- Assures payroll information is accurate through review and audit and completion of all payroll reconciliations on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assists accounting with month-end close reconciliations and fluctuation analysis related to salary accounts.
- Partners with Finance to provide estimated payroll funding requirements.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Ensures systems are set up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits and FTO.
- Owns the technical set-up and maintenance of HR/Payroll system, including integrations, benefits and FTO plans.
- Lead special projects, as needed.
What we are looking for:
- 5 – 7 years of payroll experience required; with at least 2 years experience as an inhouse payroll processor.
- Experience with Dayforce preferred
- CPP a plus
- Must have demonstrated ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and provide excellent customer service
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to investigate and identify system issues and problems
- Deep understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including report writing skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Able to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Additional experience in benefit administration or other HRIS administration is a bonus.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.