Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Senior Payroll Specialist
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Senior Payroll Specialist performs the day-to-day operations of payroll and ensures the timely and accurate processing of payments to employees and taxing authorities. You will process US bi-weekly payroll in Workday, Canada biweekly payroll with a third-party, and audits and approves Mexico payrolls. We are looking for a team-player who is passionate about Payroll and seeking an exciting opportunity with an innovative and growing company. If making an impact on a Global level excites you, apply today!
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Process On Demand payrolls (e.g. terminations, stock transactions, bonus, relocations).
Build monthly reports to assist with European payroll (12 countries).
- Handle expatriate population and support external tax consultants with tax preparation requests.
- Create and maintain payroll reports in Workday and provide data analysis to various Prologis departments.
- Maintain Federal and State tax jurisdictions and serve as the first point of contact with taxing authorities to ensure payroll compliance.
- Prepare funding requests to the AP team for payroll taxes, benefits, garnishments in a timely manner.
- Initiate and perform preliminary audits for periodic (monthly, quarterly, annually) payroll tax reporting.
- Cultivate a positive partnership with internal and external contacts to ensure accurate and efficient payroll processing and respond to payroll inquiries and audit requests.
- Work closely with HR, Accounting, Tax, and other internal teams to research and resolve payroll inquiries.
- Assist with developing department objectives and promote a synergetic team environment.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 5 plus years of Payroll experience; Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Workday payroll system experience and reporting tools required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- General knowledge of global payroll rules and regulations; Global payroll experience preferred (Canada, Europe, and Mexico).
- Detailed understanding of current U.S. payroll and benefits laws and regulations.
- Shown understanding of stock plans and bonus administration.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple assignments in a fast paced environment to meet timelines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Demonstrate tact and discretion when handling critical and confidential matters and documentation.
- Strong analytical and social skills with ability to run multiple priorities, effective verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time