Senior Payroll Administrator
Ibotta is looking for a Senior Payroll Administrator who will be responsible for accurately paying our growing team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the payroll process from time tracking to processing to reporting. The ideal candidate has independently run all things payroll at a fast-growing, dynamic company.
- Leads multi-state payroll processing for approximately 700+ employees (exempt & non-exempt) on a bi-weekly basis, including time entry, garnishments, flexible time off (FTO), bonuses, benefits and 401K deductions.
- Ensures the processing of new hires, promotions, and terminations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Works closely with accounting to ensure the accurate and timely posting of journal entries from the payroll system.
- Assures payroll information is accurate through review and audit and completion of all payroll reconciliations on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assists accounting with month-end close reconciliations and fluctuation analysis related to salary accounts.
- Partners with Finance to provide estimated payroll funding requirements.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Ensures systems are set up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits and FTO.
- Owns the technical set-up and maintenance of HR/Payroll system, including integrations, benefits and FTO plans.
- Lead special projects, as needed.
- 5 – 7 years of payroll experience required; with at least 2 years experience as an inhouse payroll processor.
- Experience with Dayforce or Paylocity preferred
- CPP a plus
- Must have demonstrated ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and provide excellent customer service
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to investigate and identify system issues and problems
- Deep understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including report writing skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Able to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner
- Strategic thinker for growing organization
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Additional experience in benefit administration or other HRIS administration is a bonus.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.