Senior IT Business Analyst - HR Systems
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Senior IT Business Analyst – HR Systems
The Senior IT Business Analyst is responsible for optimizing and automating key HR business processes and systems as the company grows. They will work with group SMEs to gather business requirements, design solutions, create test scenarios and implement change management. We are looking for an expert to expand our Workday footprint and lead the strategy of how we can best utilize the capabilities of our systems across basic HCM, Global Payroll, Absence Management, Advanced Compensation, Performance Management, L&D and organizational design. The leader in this position will work collaboratively with global teams to ensure adequate definition of needs, solution designs and flawless deployments.
- Support and configuration of Workday HCM package, business analysis and reporting using Workday features; provide support for Workday compensation, absence management, advanced comp and performance management.
- Configure, test, and deploy Workday business processes
- Prepare ad-hoc queries using Workday reporting features and calculations
- Develop system solutions and requested enhancements
- Identify system issues, conduct analyses and form conclusions
- Develop and prepare summary analyses to validate system accuracy
- Provide training for HR staff to ensure Workday user fluency for processes.
- Partner closely with the HR team and HRBP’s in program delivery and other Workday projects
- Assist the business with the strategy of implementing and integrating new software to our business processes
- Manage security administration, creating and maintaining existing security roles, and providing new user access to different components of the tool
- Provide advanced system support and training for the day to day operational needs of the clients
- Develop and maintain process and procedure documentation related to the systems
- Drive improvement, configuration and integration of other HR SaaS applications in the areas of benefits, employee portal, employee engagement, staffing and learning management
- 5 years of prior business analysis experience in a similar company or People Operations experience
- Experience across the software development lifecycle: including identifying business requirements, designing and implementing technical solutions, integration with and installation of vendor solutions, and providing software and systems maintenance and support.
- Deep functional knowledge of HRIS systems, People Operations / Human Resources and its different components
- Proven ability to manage successfully complex, cross-functional and global projects
- Strong change management experience
- Passion for People Technology
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now, Influitive, Jive and/or Hirebridge is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration or closely-related field with 3 years experience administering and configuring Workday
This is a full time, employee position in Denver, Colorado. Up to 25% travel, as required.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer