About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) provides tactical and strategic HR consultation to optimize talent management, organizational structure, process, and culture, with the goal of achieving exceptional business results. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has the experience and executive presence to interact with our Executive team, while at the same time be able to address the needs and concerns of the rest of our employees. The Sr. HRBP function is critical in executing Boom’s people programs, solutions and culture.
The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and displays the highest level of responsibility, integrity and professionalism. Ideally, they should have previous experience supporting tech and non-tech leaders in a growing company. They must be able to adapt to quickly to changing and scaling business challenges, and partner effectively within HR and in the broader business.
- Assess organizational capability to achieve business goals, and design and deliver targeted solutions to address gaps
- Partner with and advise leadership on people-related strategy and decisions including organizational health and design, succession planning, talent development and compensation
- Develop business-specific people strategies and talent development to attract and retain the best talent
- Evaluate, investigate and solve employee relations concerns. Coach managers through employee relations situations, growing their skills to address similar situations in the future.
- Develop and deliver improved onboarding and off-boarding programs to align to our cultural values.
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Partner with the VP, Talent & Culture to deliver enterprise-wide HR programs including performance management, compensation strategies, and employee surveys.
- Design and support targeted solutions, including strategic planning and team building.
- Maintain knowledge of labor market trends and partner with Recruiting to implement competitive hiring strategies to attract and retain top talent.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and build strong, collaborative relationships
- High energy, proactive and flexible style, demonstrating ease adapting to a wide range of business situations
- Must have aviation/aerospace industry experience
- Strong employee relations skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience helping organizations scale
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Ability to drive results and set priorities independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to work with others
- Passion for aircraft and for Boom's mission
It would be great if you had:
- Experience coaching executive team members
- Experience in a HR area of specialty ie. Compensation, Talent Management, D&I, Talent Acquisition, etc.
- Start-up aviation / aerospace industry experience
Degrees and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience as an HRBP, preferably in a high-growth global company with Executive presence
Please do not apply if you don't have any Aviation / Aerospace industry background
Please no external recruiting agencies
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description