Senior HR Business Partner at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior HR Business Partner has foundational HR expertise, plus knowledge across a wide range of HR functions and a deep understanding of the HR Business Partner role. They use skills to contribute to development of objectives that achieve business line and company goals in creative and effective ways.
The Senior HR Business Partner will:
- Act as a strategic advisor to a specific line of business, with a focus on partnership with senior and executive leadership in order to support the business in achieving organizational goals
- Take a data-driven approach to recommending impactful human capital initiatives that have measurable returns on investment, including regularly conducting industry research and applying findings to recommendations
- Provide consulting and coaching to support leadership in solving large scale personnel issues and assist business leaders with driving DISH organizational culture throughout the organization
- Escalate opportunities for the development of leadership competencies while completing employee life cycle events, and influence leaders to integrate leadership development in a human capital strategy
- Support senior business leaders in cyclical strategic activities such as Performance Appraisal, development of business goals, Talent Planning, and Employee Experience survey action planning
- Evaluate organizational design and make recommendations to optimize performance, efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Work with the Corporate Compensation and Total Rewards teams to develop targeted strategies for attracting and retaining top talent
- Partner with the People Operations Team to support the expansion of the HR Service Delivery Model through change management activities, consistent feedback loops and process design
- Provide expertise in technical and regulatory aspects of employment, including hiring, termination, performance management, and rewards, in order to aid in making decisions that impact a large population of employees
- Enable business change such as supporting the talent aspects of organization structure changes and/or facilitating change management initiatives
- HR program advocacy including but not limited to communicating the business value of HR initiatives and managing HR program roll-out to minimize business disruption
- Partner with senior level leaders, executives and other team members to influence and improve upon the employee experience
- Work with colleagues in the DISH HR shared services organization (talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, HRIS, analytics, etc) to ensure alignment with employee needs and ongoing process/service improvement initiatives
- Employment brand ambassador who leads by example, and demonstrates DISH culture and values in his/her/their actions and words
- Understands and can articulate department and DISH corporate business goals, including financial impacts of HR actions
- Interpret, understand, and execute on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form
- Report to work at a DISH facility on a regular, predictable and timely basis
- Meet all of DISH's performance expectations, including but not limited to, satisfying all applicable metrics, productivity standards, goals, and proficiencies related to overall performance
This role reports to the Senior Manager , HR Business Partner Team. Travel demands vary, but are estimated at less than 25% .
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7+ years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience, across multiple HR disciplines (i.e. Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Investigations, Leave of Absence, HR Operations, Compliance, Generalist work, etc.) with advanced knowledge of more than one discipline
- 5+ years of experience providing HR support for large organizations (approximately 5000+ employees)
- 5+ years of experience supporting or partnering with senior and/or executive level leadership
- Previous management experience is a plus
- Experience supporting multiple employee types and multiple lines of business (i.e operations, entry-level, professional, technology, etc.)
- Experience in coaching and advising employees at multiple levels from front-line hourly employees to executives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to identify trends in data and/or observations, and is comfortable at informing and partnering with appropriate stakeholders to make recommendations based on trends
- Proven track record or building business and organizational acumen, and applying knowledge to problem solving efforts and recommendations to leadership
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees, people managers and teams in order understand team dynamics, become a trusted partner, and use influence with stakeholders
- Ability to engage in networking and leverage relationships to solve problems
- Ability to stand firm and remain committed when necessary and facilitate understanding when difficult decisions must be made and executed
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, rapidly changing environment - with minimal daily oversight
Compensation: $96,250.00/Year - $137,500.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.