Senior Corporate Recruiter at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:41 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, February 27, 2020
As a Senior Recruiter at Pie, you will play a critical role in building a rapidly growing startup. With 150 employees today, our business strategy is dependent on attracting top talent as we grow by over 100 people in the next year.
How You’ll Do It
Pie believes in the power of human potential. Hiring amazing talent is core to our ability to serve the small business community. As a full-time Senior Recruiter working across the organization, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our business with exceptional fellow Pie-oneers. In this role, you will be a face of Pie with our candidates, in the Denver and DC talent market.
Pie’s Talent and People teams work out of both Denver and DC, but don’t let the geographical divide fool you. This incredibly collaborative team is in tight, constant communication. Sitting in Denver, you will be a trusted talent partner to our Finance/Accounting, Legal, HR, Product, Engineering and Business Development teams as we continue to scale our organization. This position may require some travel within the US between our Denver and DC offices.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. This is an experienced hire role, and you’ll need to bring eight years of full-cycle recruiting experience, preferably in a mix of agency and high-growth tech environments. Here’s what else we’re looking for:
People. You want to help others and enjoy facilitating the hiring experience.
Hunting. The hunt thrills you and keeps you relentlessly on the lookout for not only the best talent but also newer and better ways of finding them.
Farming. You cultivate a pipeline for months, perhaps even years, keeping top talent in your sights.
Connecting. You understand requirements and needs. You understand what the candidate brings to the table and make the right connection within Pie.
Qualifying. You leverage best practices to assess and qualify talent for Pie. No gut instincts, no good feelings. You get to the bottom of the story, every time.
Urgency. You respond with lightning speed to texts, calls and emails. You don’t let next steps linger on your to-do list. You prefer an environment where a strong sense of urgency is rewarded.
Adaptable. No other phrase describes a startup like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
Raise Our Game. Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team for exponential growth.
The Day to Day
- Providing all Pie prospects and candidates with a world class experience
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process.
- Partner with hiring teams to understand their organizational objectives and drive hiring plans to achieve them
- Develop strategies to identify, attract and engage with the best talent from events to sourcing and referrals
- Recommend, build and execute processes that will help our recruiting team scale our efforts for years to come
- Working with hiring leaders and the talent acquisition manager to create and distribute across our job posting platforms and social media
- Coaching hiring managers and guiding them throughout the recruiting process
- Managing candidate flow through our ATS, Lever
- Meeting and greeting candidates for onsite interviews
The Right Stuff
- 8 or more years of recruiting experience, preferably as a full life cycle recruiter supporting a high-growth business, in a start-up environment.
- Must demonstrate aptitude with direct sourcing as well as building and maintaining a strong network for pipeline recruiting.
- Working knowledge of insurance and/or financial services operations, specifically underwriting operations, is helpful.
- Strong experience building process and driving for results.
- Ability to adapt to different tools and technologies in an effort to provide top talent to our business.
- Expertise working through an ATS such as Lever.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with executive level and below.
- Expertise in recruiting tools beyond LinkedIn Recruiter. We need you to be innovative on how you bring talent into the Pie organization.
- Experience with talent branding through networking and other outside the office activities.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
Pie Insurance provides workers’ compensation insurance directly to small businesses online. Offering A.M. Best A rated coverage, Pie leverages data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie. We began offering insurance policies in 2018 with a mission of helping small businesses experience true savings and an unmatched level of service.
A fast-growing insurtech startup, Pie has home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Our all-star team offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community.
Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.