Senior Compensation Analyst
We believe in providing people with everything they need to do their best work, and are looking for a senior compensation analyst to review and evolve Gusto’s compensation strategy. You’ll continue to build compensation programs across Gusto, while helping us scale thoughtfully and effectively. As a partner to our leaders, you’ll help design our philosophy to recruit and retain top talent.
The People team at Gusto focuses on developing a positive employee experience that empowers people to do the best work of their lives. We aspire to craft an environment that inspires and enables Gusto to go beyond what is thought possible. We think holistically and are encouraged by a supportive leadership team. You’ll be a true leader in the organization with a high level of responsibility. As the first dedicated Compensation Partner, you will play a critical role in helping us build a diverse and inclusive team which is key to our growth and success as a company.
The position is full-time and based in either San Francisco or Denver.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop and further implement Gusto’s total rewards program, policies, and procedures
- Perform analysis and market studies on current programs, using insights to develop solutions that ensure internal fairness, external competitiveness, and alignment with Gusto’s goals
- Build retention strategies and compelling offers to welcome top-tier talent, along with playbooks on how to communicate our approach to compensation
- Collaborate with functional leaders, HR, and Gusto staff on annual benchmarking and pay decisions and policies, including offers, promotions, and internal transfers
- Upscale and maintain internal compensation systems, partnering with HR to integrate tools to ensure scalability and support company growth
- Ensure compliance with employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay and benefits, and remain up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of analyst experience within Compensation, HR, People Operations, or a related department, focused on people programs, including compensation strategy, benefits analysis, headcount planning, etc.
- Deep knowledge of federal, state and local compensation and benefits laws, or foundational knowledge with the desire to learn and develop expertise
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance environment where the business is constantly evolving
- Strong excel, data collection, and data visualization skills
- Experience building dashboards and automating reports
- Ability to think critically, anticipate issues, and proactively suggest solutions
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) a plus
- Bachelor degree preferred
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.