Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This position will report to our SVP Business Partner.
What you will be doing
You will manage day-to-day People Office activities of assigned locations in support of FIS guiding principles, performance objectives and business strategies. The Business line that this position supports is a sales team of 400+.
• Monitors and maintains People Office programs. Recommends and communicates program changes.
• Monitors legal developments to ensure People Office programs and policies are in compliance with Federal, state and local laws.
• Communicates program changes to ensure compliance with policies and/or laws by creating or modifying documentation or coordinating documentation activities with other departments, e.g., Communications).
• Plans projects determining project scope, deadlines and administrative resources and by assigning work to other personnel.
• Consults with and advises management and generalists on legal and related HR issues.
• Advises managers on various People Office issues by collecting factual information, reviewing and interpreting company policy and recommending appropriate solutions.
• Works with appropriate contact to troubleshoot problems regarding payroll, benefits, compensation and HRIS.
• Performs administrative tasks in the areas of wage and salary, employment, affirmative action plans, legal compliance program development and outsourcing acquisitions. Administers and interprets company employment policies and programs.
• Works with Compensation professionals in the administration of wage and salary programs.
• Prepares and conducts training and employment development activities for employee relations, affirmative action plans, personnel components of management training, performance evaluation and other topics by researching various laws and policies, developing course objectives and content and developing appropriate materials.
• Administers affirmative action plans. Provides data, e.g., workforce demographics, employment transactions) to outside counsel relating to job duties, employment practices, promotion/transfer patterns, and work force demographics by coordinating various MIS data sources required to produce relevant data in an electronic format.
• By monitoring actual employment transactions, e.g., terminations, hires, promotions) and factor analysis goals, compares job openings and selection rates to applicant/protected group availability and goals and recommends strategies for minimizing or eliminating under-utilizations.
• Administers and/or oversees HR department support of acquisitions. Collects data for spreadsheets to aid in acquisition process. Coordinates mapping of data from acquired facility to FIS systems.
• Troubleshoots and resolves problems that arise during the acquisition process.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
Bachelor's degree in human resources or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PHR/SPHR certification preferred, however not required.
• Strong knowledge of HR administration practices and procedures and available resources for responding to employee questions
• 8+ years of experience
• Excellent understanding of EEO, FLSA and related employment/labor laws and regulations
• Basic knowledge of job analysis techniques and job description development
• Knowledge of general office procedures and various statistical techniques, e.g., regression, correlation, descriptive, etc)
• Effective leadership skills often times under pressure
• Skilled in working with employee issues
• Ability to handle stressful situations, manage multiple deadlines, objectively evaluate information gathered and exhibit solid decision-making and problem solving skills
• Ability to be comfortable interacting with executive level managers
• Ability to coach/counsel subordinates for development, evaluation and discipline
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of management, employees and outside professionals
What we offer:
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.