From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
The People Operations team is searching for a Senior Data Analyst who will collaborate with the People Leadership to find innovative ways to deliver meaningful metrics, trends, key insights, and analysis in clear, concise stories for various stakeholders in HR, Recruiting, DEI and Learning & Development. This person will have a solid understanding of the employee life cycle, understands recruiting and HR workflows, and is a pro at SQL and building analytics dashboards for People Teams. You will be a key contributor in identifying and improving processes that support efficiency and scalability of our HRIS, troubleshooting systems issues, and developing standard People analytics procedures. This is a new role at Fivetran, so you will have an opportunity to really shape the future of Fivetran’s People Analytics. If you are passionate about data and want to help empower the People team to ensure a stellar employee experience and provide critical insights to leadership to guide future business decisions, then, this is the role for you.
As a Senior Analyst in People Operations at Fivetran, you will:
- Own all People Operations analytics (HR, Recruiting, DEI and L&D)
- Translate data and trends into stories to drive business decisions
- Develop, test and validate analytics dashboards for various business partners and leaders so they can easily draw insights and recommendations (We use Looker dashboards, powered by Fivetran!)
- Partner with internal / external stakeholders to understand requirements for report requests, understand data structures, availability and reporting limitations
- Train and educate stakeholders on people data metrics and dashboards
- Support new system implementations from discovery to launch and partner cross functionally with IT to help design and build out People analytics data warehouse
- Audit data integrity, investigate concerns, and establish processes to streamline and improve data quality
- Maintain HRIS/ATS hygiene and protocol to support accurate reporting, making recommendations on improvements along the way (Currently, we use Namely as our HRIS and Greenhouse as our ATS)
What you'll bring to the table:
- 4+ years of experience in advanced SQL
- 3+ years of experience in data modeling and creating analytics dashboards (we use Looker!)
- Strong experience creating and maintaining custom People Analytics dashboards that are flexible to the dynamic natures of working with multiple departments
- Advanced experience in HR reporting, preferably also in Recruiting reporting
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resources reporting systems and how to successfully run multi system reports
- Basic knowledge of HR policies and laws
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including executives and C-Suite, translate their needs into data solutions and follow up on solutions to meet their needs
- Comfortability in analyzing data, creating reports, and leading quarterly meetings on HR and Recruiting metrics to leadership teams in an effort to provide solutions and raise awareness to current and potential problems
- Emotional intelligence, cultural sensitivity, and a ‘one team, one dream’ mindset
Perks of Working with Fivetran:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Fivetran is part of an analytics data stack and the growing ecosystem of cloud based infrastructure companies.
After a five-minute setup, the software replicates data from applications, databases, events and files into a cloud data warehouse.
The company began with a realization: for modern companies using cloud-based software and storage, traditional ETL tools badly underperformed, and the complicated configurations they required often led to project failures. To streamline and accelerate business intelligence projects, Fivetran developed automated connectors that come with ready-to-query schemas and effortlessly deliver data into modern, high-performance warehouses.