Recruiting Coordinator at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:40 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, August 5, 2021
**Please note that while this role is listed as remote, we are currently hiring in the following cities: Toronto, Denver, Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, San Francisco, LA, Boston, Vancouver
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for a Recruiting Coordinator to assist with our rapid growth across the globe. This is a remarkable opportunity to build on an already strong People foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of people. Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, this role will work closely with all aspects of the organization. You understand how to partner effectively with Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and Candidates to drive a strong recruiting experience. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Create an exceptional, high-touch, "best in class" candidate experience from start to finish.
- Schedule a high volume of interviews while working with multiple time zones.
- Communicate interview details to candidates, ensuring they have all necessary information.
- Manage communication with candidates and hiring managers throughout the interview process.
- Diligently drive the interview process forward across dozens of candidates per day.
- Welcome candidates to Nylas, guide them through their virtual onsite interview and handle last-minute issues.
- Help scale and iterate on recruiting operations and processes to keep up with our hiring goals.
- Build and document new recruiting coordination processes as needed.
- Contribute to projects including but not limited to employer branding, reporting, referral program development, and ad-hoc projects.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of recruiting or experience
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Resilient and self-resourceful ability to troubleshoot and resolve roadblocks
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Poise and calm amidst last-minute changes
- Capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- Willing to take ownership across wide-ranging responsibilities
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description