Recruiter at SonderMind
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
By sourcing and recruiting exceptional talent to advance our company goals and provide exceptional internal customer service to hiring managers. You will work closely with a group of hiring managers from across the business, creating an experience that delights and inspires our key customers - internally and externally - establishing SonderMind as an employer of choice. You will develop innovative methods to create robust candidate pipelines, lead and embrace growth and change, and be a key champion for the SonderMind brand externally.
Success looks like
- Owning the end-to-end talent acquisition process for assigned teams
- Collaborating closely with Talent & People Operations teammates, advocating for key priorities and initiatives
- Providing advice and guidance to hiring managers to ensure recruitment objectives and processes are managed effectively
- Attracting high-caliber talent through innovative sourcing campaigns, platforms and initiatives
- Full pipeline of highly qualified candidates at all times across assigned portfolio
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute recruitment activity to ensure top talent is sourced from active and passive candidate markets, and that new hire targets are met or exceeded
- Educate and advise hiring managers on SonderMind’s hiring best practices
- Utilize creative sourcing strategies to cultivate top talent and build talent pipelines
- Represent SonderMind in the market in a way that exemplifies our values and creates a transparent, empathetic candidate experience
- Work closely with the People Ops and Company Ops to coordinate a fluid new hire onboarding experience
- Be passionate and courageous as an ambassador of SonderMind and a champion of talent
What you'll bring with you
- Balancing Stakeholders- understand the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders, taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing, balancing, and aligning stakeholder interests.
- Building Relationships- ability to build networks of genuine trust and loyalty with colleagues, candidates ,and within the community
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills- adept at influencing, negotiating, and building rapport with people across teams, functions, cultures, and levels.
- Drive for Results- a bias for action, intrinsic motivation, maximizing opportunities, and making bold decisions at the right times.
- Resilience & Adaptability- ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction; comfortable with risk and uncertainty; self-directed and proactive.
- 2+ years of professional recruitment experience
- Experience recruiting non-exempt positions within call center, tech, and/or healthcare environments
- A history of attracting high quality passive candidates
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- Experience using recruiting, scheduling, and sourcing technologies
- A thorough knowledge of federal and state employment laws and requirements of the federal Selection Guidelines and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Experience in a high-volume recruiting environment
What we value
Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary for this role is $60,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and location
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.