Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
We're looking for an outstanding recruiter to help us champion diversity and build an industry-leading team of automation and SaaS experts -- be they engineering, commercial, or operations focused.
You'll need to research, hustle, network, source, and pitch in a variety of ways to identify, connect with, and entice the most sought-after talent in mobile robotics -- one of the most competitive and exciting areas of technology. Along the way, you'll develop the relationships, processes, tools and metrics that make the Outrider recruiting and hiring process delightful to candidates and both predictable and efficient for the company.
As a Recruiter at Outrider, you'll work closely with team and department leads to establish, refine, and execute our staffing and recruitment strategy. This means close collaboration to determine the right requirements, backgrounds, and assessment approaches to identify exceptional talent. You'll then own the plan for getting great people on board. Along the way, you'll need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities to meet changing expectations inside and outside the company.
This role will focus broadly on the engineering, operations, and commercial roles that are critical to the development and performance of the Outrider System -- a logistics automation product that transforms distribution yard environments into safe, efficient, autonomous logistics operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, develop, and execute Outrider's staffing plan -- both in quantitative and qualitative aspects -- with the help of the company's People Operations organization, executive staff, and hiring managers
- Use the Mansfield Rule to target a diverse candidate pool for all open positions, as well as meet internal objectives for diversity and inclusion (D&I)
- Identify, recruit, and close engineering candidates according to plan
- Meet all staffing plan criteria - quantity, quality, schedule, and cost
- Employ creative techniques and approaches to securing interest and getting top talent in front of the Outrider team
- Perform all duties necessary to support the above with precision and enthusiasm - e.g., interview scheduling, providing background materials, checking references, providing weekly status updates, and developing a recruiting dashboard, among others
- Outstanding track record sourcing, recruiting, and closing exceptional technical talent for software, hardware, systems or robotics companies
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $80,000 - $120,000. For benefits, check this out!