At Pie we are pie-oneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values driven culture, where hard working self-driven team members have limitless growth opportunities.
As a Premium Audit Manager, you’ll be a key Pie-oneer focused on leadership and oversight of premium audit and loss control efforts for our growing organization. At this time all of our team members are currently working from home and will continue to do so until our offices can safely re-open. At time of re-open this role will be based in either our Denver or DC office.
Pie is an innovative and fast-growing startup in the insurtech space. We need to continually evaluate how to disrupt the norms, scale and grow efficiently, and provide the most elegant solutions to our team members and our customers. You will use your experience to grow, scale, and help create the right processes for premium audit, loss control, and collection operations at Pie.
How You’ll Do It
Pie offers small business owners the independence to buy a workers’ compensation insurance policy with modern ease of service. Leveraging your well-rounded knowledge of the in’s and out’s of the workers’ comp journey, you will understand how billing, renewal, premium audit and claims directly affects our customers’ experience.
As one of our in-house workers’ comp experts, you’ll help Pie to lead and guide the audit program. You will continue to fine tune audit processes; with an eye towards crafting lean processes and automating the audit journey for our customers and partners. As the Premium Audit Manager, you will use your leadership experience to mentor existing Pie-oneers (employee relations and development), as well as recruit and hire new team members for your expanding department. Setting specific and measurable KPIs/goals, along with measurement and feedback discussions will be imperative with this role. You will also have key involvement in loss control, audit billing, and aged receivable functions, working to continually enhance and automate these functional areas.
The Day to Day
- Oversee the premium audit functional area, managing both internal voluntary/phone audit processes as well as external/vendor audit functions.
- Perform overall management and QA of inventory assignments for all partners to maintain SLA and turn around time standards.
- Ensure quality processing of audits and communications to customers and partners, analyzing book results and assignment mechanisms with Analytics team.
- Oversee test audit and bureau inspection processes; ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements as well as tracking test audit results by state.
- Work to continuously improve audit processes for customers and internal team members; by leveraging process improvement and optimization.
- Establish benchmarks and KPIs to ensure proper performance of team members and vendors.
- Facilitation and continual review of loss control processes to maintain compliance with internal as well as state mandated rules; ensuring proper recommendation follow up is performed.
- Oversight of audit billing, crediting, and refund transactions while overseeing internal and external collection efforts.
- Establish, measure and communicate department OKRs working to meet or exceed these results each quarter.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- CPCU, ARM, or other insurance designations preferred but not required
- 6 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in workers’ compensation premium audit
- 3 years of leadership experience with proven ability to lead and scale mid-sized teams
- Expert-level knowledge of workers’ comp as an insurance product and of the premium audit, loss control, monthly payroll reporting, and aged receivable processes
- Experience with managing diverse vendor relationships and setting program requirements, measurements, reporting, and feedback mechanisms
- Ability to collaborate and partner with internal teams and external partners
- Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate issues, questions, and requirements is imperative
- Organizational savvy is your mantra. You know how to prioritize and get things done. You can make order out of chaos. In audit, details matter - maybe more than anywhere else, so you take each step, process, audit, invoice with an eye for excellence and accuracy.
- You are focused on solving customer problems and have a deep commitment to the customer and their experience.
- Always looking for a way to improve, innovate and optimize processes. Constantly challenge the status quo and identify new opportunities for Pie, your team, and our customers.
- Uncertainty and change don’t scare you. Every day is different and how you respond matters.
- Work can be hard and full of stress. You maintain professionalism at all times, in all places.
- Your voice matters. Advocate for our customers and team for the best results.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding