Plant P&O Manager
Aussie culture. Colorado fresh. Meet noosa, maker of premium yoghurt and the newest company to join the Sovos Brands portfolio. We are currently seeking a Plant P&O Manager for noosa’s Bellvue CO (Ft. Collins) site.
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We’re dedicated to bringing today's consumers simple, great-tasting food that fits the way they live. We invest in brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Michael Angelo's, a leading producer of premium, authentic frozen Italian entrées; Rao's Homemade, a producer of super premium pasta sauces and other Italian specialty foods; and noosa yoghurt, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower North American honey.
Sovos has the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world's largest private equity firms.
Find out more about Sovos at www.sovosbrands.com, Michael Angelo's at www.michaelangelos.com, noosa at www.noosayoghurt.com, and Rao's Homemade at www.raos.com.
We don't have a mission statement as those are well intentioned, but often end up being meaningless.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
About the position:
The Plant P&O Manager will partner with the Plant Manager, site Staff and the broader P&O community to deliver P&O solutions that enable the strategic outcome of optimizing workplace performance in support of business goals. This role provides front-line operational support and acts as internal business partner for the site, including both manufacturing operations and administration. Role is responsible for both strategic and tactical P&O initiatives specific to the plant.
What you’ll do?
• Build effective relationships with operational departments to understand their business goals and to proactively identify and implement solutions that align with organizational strategies
• As a key member of the Operations Leadership Team, provide sound advice and coaching to managers on all P&O related areas that impact the plant
• Provide counsel and guidance to front line leaders on employee relations issues, including attendance management, conflict management, progressive discipline, etc., promoting construction employee relations approaches and practices
• Conduct investigations and recommend and implement corrective action plans
• Partner with Talent team in hiring of local workforce, collaborating on strategies to meet current and future labor demands; and in facilitating talent management programs including performance review tracking and compliance training
• Coordinate and facilitate on-boarding and off-boarding programs in line with the broader P&O strategies
• Recommend training and development opportunities; implement training programs as required, e.g. skill enhancement, ethics and compliance, sexual harassment, acting as training subject matter expert for the plant
• Participate in the leave, disability and return-to-work processes
• Lead planning and coordination of site special events such as employee recognition, employee activities, etc.
• Identify opportunities to optimize business processes to create efficiencies for P&O team and internal customers
• Actively participate in Operations staff meetings to ensure an integrated business partnership and strong link with strategy and the direction of the business
• Leverage system generated reports to conduct regular audits, analyzing data to identify trends and prepare P&O plans
• Update and report P&O KPIs, implementing countermeasures as required
• Participate in and lead P&O projects as required
• Be accessible to all production shifts
• Demonstrate tact and diplomacy and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
** Food Safety: The Plant P&O Manager is responsible for supporting, executing and /or maintaining food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. The Plant P&O Manager ensures that product quality and food safety standards are met.
NOTE: Report all Food Safety, Safety and Quality concerns to your immediate supervisor. If you cannot contact your immediate supervisor, contact a Quality Assurance Team Member.
What Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities do you bring?
• Requires a related Bachelor’s Degree and 5 - 8 years manufacturing plant HR experience; food manufacturing experience a plus
• Must have the desire and ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to be present on the production floor
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally
• Demonstrated curiosity and imitative to learn the key factors that drive our success in safely delivering quality product
• Strong customer service, relationship building, problem solving and follow-up skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
• Proficient in MS Office and HRIS / ERP systems
• Experience in a multi-shift operational environment.
What can you expect from us (Our Benefits)?
An excellent work environment and a very lively and supportive company culture. Besides that, we offer a competitive total compensation package and complete benefit program, including 401K plan with company match. We also provide you the opportunity to balance your professional and personal lives with Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday, Paid Volunteer Time, Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement program and an Employee Assistance program.
Are you the Plant P&O Manager we are looking for?
Apply now by sending your CV and a brief motivation via the ‘Apply’ button.
We look forward to getting to know you!
We maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos Brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.