People Team Chief of Staff / Head of Insights & Operations at Gusto
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
The People Team Chief of Staff, will work closely with the Chief People Officer, People Leadership Team, and Gusto’s Executive Leadership Team to help scale the People function. This person will be responsible for managing key cross-company strategic initiatives and projects, ensuring that the operations of the People organization run smoothly, and that the People organization has strong practices for communication, alignment, and team development.
This role serves as the right-hand to the Chief People Officer and to the rest of People Staff. You will be asked to represent the Head of People and make decisions in their absence/serve as proxy. You will be in a key leadership position, helping to drive Gusto forward and scale.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with Chief People Officer and J-Staff on Gusto strategic planning processes, including 3 year strategic planning exercises, current FY planning and reporting, and prep for Board meetings, J-Staff/J-Directs meetings, and other strategic discussions.
- Manage the People OKR setting/tracking/management processes; ensuring that OKRs are clear, communicated, managed and tracked each quarter. Run the mid-quarter and quarter-end OKR review processes.
- Program Manage and execute key strategic initiatives led by the People team (examples: Talent Assessments & Key Person Retention Toolkit, Gusto Employment Brand, Supplemental HC pool program, etc.)
- Design and implement a Workforce Planning Model that helps identify talent needs for Gusto in the 1, 3 and 5 year planning horizons. This model will include planning for talent profiles, locations, org needs, and volume, and outline strategies to achieve it.
- Lead Weekly People-Staff meetings, ensuring notes are well documented, AIs captured and followed up on. Lead bi-monthly People-Staff strategic agendas (with Head of People) and run these bi-monthly meetings.
- Coach, mentor and develop members of the People team and the People PE cohort
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10+ years as a People or operational leader in the tech industry.
- Strong Project management skills. Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Strong executive presence & communication, proven ability to influence and coach leaders, and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker who can translate strategy into plans for execution.
- Forge strong Cross-Functional Partnership with both People-Staff (eg “centers of excellence”), fellow Chiefs of Staff/Heads of I&O, and leaders (eg COO, CMO, Head of Sales)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Read Full Job Description