Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Whether It’s Right For You
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver location once our offices reopen, at which time some travel (up to 20%) may be required.
As one of our People Partners, you will provide an outstanding experience for our team members and leaders throughout the team member lifecycle, from onboarding through offboarding, while providing day-to-day support and coaching. While being paired with our Engineering, Product, and UX teams or our Customer Care, Sales, and Business Development teams, you will develop strong knowledge and understanding of how our business works in order to support your leaders in building the teams they need to be effective. This includes developing high-trust, collaborative relationships with your business partners.
How You'll Do It
- Work closely with the VP, People and Talent teams to develop, implement, and continue to iterate on foundational people ops programs, including but not limited to performance engagement, manager and leadership training, compliance-driven processes, programs and training, DEI and other programs and initiatives that meet Pie’s business needs.
- Act with urgency and proactively manage expectations when responding to inquiries and requests for assistance from leaders, team members, People and Talent team members, and our IT and Finance partners.
- Develop and deliver people-driven training content to team members, leaders and within our own People team.
- Develop data-driven, growth-oriented, and best practice-driven business cases for implementing new or updating existing People and Talent tools, policies, processes, and programs that will effectively support a rapidly scaling organization.
- Provide Pie team members and leaders with high touch support throughout their career at Pie.
- Support fellow team members in developing their knowledge and expertise in the above areas by investing time with them and freely sharing your own.
The Right Stuff
- 7 years of HR experience. A demonstrated forward career progression is desired.
- 3 years of experience working in a HR Business Partner/People Partner role.
- Prior experience supporting Engineering, Product, UX Teams and/or Sales, Customer Care, and Business Development Teams is preferred.
- Advanced skills in developing and executing on plans that are part of a larger organizational strategy.
- Strong process orientation and enjoyment in finding the opportunities to create, automate and improve processes to ensure the best delivery of people services.
- Strong experience with data driven evaluation of people programs and processes.
- Proficiency using and managing an HRIS.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience and a basic understanding in:
- Compliance - Expertise in non-exempt wage laws and HR Compliance knowledge and understanding of both Federal and State requirements.
- Talent Management – Strong knowledge of performance and engagement tools and best practices.
- Organizational Management - Experience partnering with hiring leaders to understand their organizational objectives and drive team member on-boarding, engagement, and performance management to ensure objectives are met.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $85,000 - $115,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance raises an additional $118M in funding
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding