People Ops Specialist at Choozle
We’re growing rapidly and seeking a self-motivated People Ops Specialist to join our People Operations Team.
The People Operations Specialist will help drive People/HR initiatives and help support the People Operation functions such as employee experience, engagement, payroll, benefits, reporting, performance management, policy and procedure optimization, recruitment/employment, employee relations, training and development, and employment law compliance. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of service and the ability to balance employee experience while maintaining compliance and driving efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You’ll work closely with the VP of People and manage several key People-team functions, in addition to other ad hoc projects and needs that arise
- Support recruiting efforts by assisting in sourcing, reviewing resumes, performing prescreens, and coordinating interviews
- Own HR Information Systems and all relevant documentation, updates, and personnel file creation and management, ensuring the confidentiality, accuracy, security, and timely maintenance of People data
- Drive the employee experience life-cycle from recruitment to offer acceptance, on-boarding, first week and beyond, to offboarding and termination, ensuring each employee is set up for success, all questions and issues are resolved quickly and efficiently, and each has a positive experience
- Oversee benefits administration by giving benefits overview presentations to incoming employees, managing benefits enrollment, changes, terminations, performing accounting benefits reconciliations, and acting as one of the main POCs/liaisons for benefits questions and concerns
- Provide assistance with establishing, implementing, and maintaining handbooks, agreements, policies, procedures, and risk-management initiatives
- Coordinate the Performance Review process by running employee and manager trainings, sending out reminders, answering questions, and offering guidance
- Act as an HR Business Partner to assigned departments, host weekly check-ins with managers, consult on employee relations issues and procedural guidance
WHO YOU ARE:
- Recruiting and candidate coordination experience
- Experience setting up internal people policies, systems, and procedures
- Knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management
- Basic understanding of current federal, state, and local HR-related laws, regulations, and trends
- Organized and process-oriented, with a high degree of accuracy in everything you do
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to juggle several projects with a spirit of flexibility and a positive outlook
- Natural planner with a knack for event planning
- Talent for juggling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
Other desired skills & experience:
- PHR or SHRM Certification desired
- Experience with Paycom
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Choozle is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.