People Operations Specialist at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, analytical oriented People Operations Specialist to join our team! This person will be responsible for helping to manage the employee lifecycle and create a great employee experience. In addition, this member of the team will provide support for various people operations initiatives and programs. Join us and be a part of a mission-driven company that is passionate about employee experience!
- Help cultivate an engaging and positive employee experience.
- Serve as support for global employee lifecycle, executing employee lifecycle processes from onboarding to termination.
- Take ownership of processes and escalated inquiries while ensuring accurate, prompt, and consistent responses.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for People Operations processes, policies, and tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business and IT teams to capture business requirements, and translate them into processes and system solutions.
- Build and maintain documentation and guides of current and future People Operations processes and standard operating procedures for a streamlined user experience.
- Manage master data in our core systems, supporting reporting and audit activities, ensuring data governance, integrity, confidentiality, and compliance.
- Partner with other internal teams (e.g., Payroll, Finance, IT, Security) to ensure data accuracy, and to drive a positive employee experience throughout continuous improvement.
- Identify trends and initiative process improvements with the team to support and improve employee experience and to create process optimization.
- Participate in and help coordinate annual benefit activities (e.g., open enrollment and health fairs).
- Partner with attorneys and HRBP team to support U.S. immigration and visa process for foreign national employees.
- Perform additional People Operations duties and projects as they arise.
What you bring:
- HR experience, preferably in HR/People Operations
- Proficiency in People team SAAS based systems; Workday experience preferred
- Proficiency in Google Apps (e.g., sheets, slides, docs) and Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team, and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Proven time management skills and an ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization required
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $75,650-$89,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.