**Please note how we will consider candidates from the following locations: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented and people-focused professional to join our People team as our People Operations Specialist. This is a new role and an addition to our People team as the company scales and grows. This person will be tasked with delivering a top-notch employee experience while facilitating the development of efficient operational processes that enable the delivery of key People programs and services. You will support People Operations, People Partners and Recruiting in a cross-functional capacity. You like "connecting the dots' of the larger company picture and figuring out new, innovative ways to improve processes and solve problems. You are a self-starter that enjoys wearing many hats and working with cross-functional teams. You are someone who exudes gumption; loves ambiguity; challenges the status quo; and sees themselves as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Provide administrative and operational support to several parts of the People Life Cycle (Onboarding, Orientation, Talent Management, and Offboarding)
- Support various aspects of our employee onboarding programs for full-time employees, part-time employees and/or contingency staff in the US and abroad including: processing background checks, managing our onboarding processes, I-9 work authorization, employment verifications and compliance activities such as preparing employee records
- Process employee lifecycle change requests in all people systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance of employee data and files through periodic review and audit
- Manage the offboarding process, including scheduling exit interviews, equipment collection, etc
- Understand the overall organization and provide front-line employee support for basic questions, guiding employees to appropriate resources as needed
- Maintain the People team internal pages and ensure all documents are up to date and current - work with relevant stakeholders to update when necessary
- Provide a seamless customer experience to our employees by fielding inbound queries, triaging as necessary and bringing issues and questions to resolution
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience, preferably working across Operations, Finance, or People
- You have familiarity with GSuite, Zoom, Guru, Rippling, Lattice, Lever, and Slack
- You can maintain the highest standard of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism to represent the People team brand across a variety of stakeholders
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders both within and outside your own team at all levels of the organization
- You have a customer service mentality and have a strong track record of building rapport and trust with teammates, internal stakeholders, managers, and employees
- You thrive on organization and attention to detail; this role requires the ability to follow specific processes and steps within specific timeframes
- You have strong experience with Google Sheets and the analytical ability to identify issues, compare data, investigate, and resolve discrepancies
- You love a process, but also understand that there will be outlier cases that don't fit perfectly inside a box and are willing to be agile
- You have a strong sense of urgency and are able to execute quickly and efficiently while managing competing priorities
- You have a curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description