People Operations Specialist
About the Team
The People Team partners with our employees to give them the tools and education they need to be the best they can at their job, and enjoy life at Sovrn while they’re doing it. We break down the walls of traditional people actions to adapt to the evolving workforce. Our commitment to the Sovrn team: Do more of what you love. Less of what you don’t.
About the Job
This job is a Human Resources Generalist position supporting the People team.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Manage all employee data processing and entry into HR system including all new hires, terminations, and employment changes.
- Support new hire onboarding experience, administration and program, own the onboarding experience in Greenhouse.
- Responsible for benefits administration: employee enrollment and questions, support open enrollment changes and communication, assist with claims resolution, maintain and set up carrier feeds with the HRIS, audits benefit bills on a monthly basis, 1095c generation and distribution.
- Support 401k administration including rollovers, annual audit and be the point of contact for employee 401k questions and assistance.
- Process payroll on a semi-monthly cycle using ADP’s Workforce Now solution, including answering employee pay questions.
- Manage employee leave of absence process, including short term disability conversations, sending statutory FMLA notices, and maintaining leave of absence worksheets for payroll.
- Supports legal compliance, follows statutory federal and state employment guidelines including filing the EEO1 annually.
- Support legal counsel and be the internal point of contact for immigration and visa management.
- Support the administration of Sovrn’s quarterly bonus agreements and distribution.
- Generates semi-monthly reports and updates People team metrics quarterly.
- Respond to Unemployment Claims and Verification of Employment requests.
- Support the annual employee wellness program.
- Drive completion and filing of I-9s, W-4s, and all other new hire paperwork requirements.
You are meticulous. Being organized and detail oriented is your lifeblood. You like working hard and take pride in your work. You enjoy being on a supportive and collaborative team and you are an excellent communicator. No job is too small. Numbers and excel spreadsheets make you tick, but you also enjoy building relationships and chatting with your coworkers. Oh yeah, you have a sense of humor and enjoy a little (or a lot) of sarcasm.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- 1-3 years of Human Resources (HR) support related experience, or commensurate education
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Working knowledge of HRIS Software; payroll processing experience is a must
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Strong judgement and initiative
- Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment
Nice to have:
- Experience using G-Suite, such as Gmail, Drive, Google Docs, and Calendar
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now
This position reports to: Manager, People Operations
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t