People Operations Specialist at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is looking for a driven and proactive HR Operations Partner to join the People Operations team at our Oakland office (or remote across the US). They will be a thought partner on all things people and culture and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of HR administration. You’ll have the opportunity to support the Global HR Operations Director in the creation and execution of systems and processes that will streamline our global HR operations. If you thrive in ambiguity and want to work for a start-up experiencing hyper-growth, we want to talk to you!Outcomes/Responsibilities:
Describe what this role will be responsible for, what needs to be accomplished
- Supports our Fivetran culture by being knowledgeable about all things HR, and translating complex topics such as benefits and HR policies in a simple and easy to understand format
- Administers employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes including Namely workflow, communication with employee, first day onboarding sessions, etc.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all People-related questions involving their HRIS data, benefits, immigration, PTO and company policies, etc.
- Own all immigration cases on a consistent basis for both incoming new hires and current employees in partnership with outside counsel to include stakeholder communications and completing essential filing documents.
- Act as point of contact for Talent Acquisition and People Operations on matters related to immigration, global mobility and assessing sponsorship needs
- Drive efficiency by supporting the selection and implementation of HR technology tools that help us automate operational tasks
- Ensure data integrity within HRIS to adhere to compliance standards
- Produces regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure People business metrics are quantified and outcome driven
- Participate in development and execution of People & Culture initiatives around process improvement, automation, and scalable system implementations
- Manage leave of absence cases regionally
- Handle HR and compliance-related employee issues and ensure controls are in place and procedures are followed for periodic review of compliance with all applicable law
What skills and experience are needed to be successful in this role?
- 2-5+ years of relevant career experience, preferably in HR or People Operations
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resources disciplines including HR Compliance and labor laws, Immigration, Leaves of Absences, HRIS, HR policies, PTO programs and benefits administration.
- Ability to run audit reports from HRIS and analyze data, as well as propose methods for continuous improvement
- Experience using an HRIS in a fast growing company. Experience specifically with Namely or Workday as an HRIS system is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to simplify complicated HR matters for employees
- Knowledge of HR policies and local laws (CA specific preferred)
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Empathy, cultural sensitivity, high emotional intelligence
- Experience supporting remote/ global teams
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.