People Operations Service Management Lead at Block (Remote)
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams - People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more - provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We are looking for a Service Management Lead on our Global People Operations team to stand up and build out a Service Management function supporting Global People Operations and our broader People team. Reporting to the Head of Global People Operations, you will design and implement an organization (seeded by you and growing in accordance with business need) responsible for delivering services such as Process Excellence, Business Analysis, and Best Practices implementation. You may also identify additional prospective new work for People Operations and collaborate with our People team partners to streamline and migrate this work.
- In collaboration with People partners, develop a 'lay of the land' perspective regarding People work that can be streamlined through process improvement, automation, and centralization, in accordance with commercial best practices.
- Create and execute an implementation roadmap for in-scope work.
- Scope and stand up a team to facilitate implementation/ongoing operations of this work.
- Help develop a transformational vision for the Global People Ops team, spanning the employee lifecycle.
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose and implement systematic operational solutions across multiple People data-related matters and processes.
- 10+ years of experience across several of the following: Process Excellence, Reporting, Business Analysis, with a focus in HR; 5+ years experience building and/or managing teams; experience with Jira and Workday are preferred.
- Experience with modern communication tools (e.g., Google Meet, Slack).
- Experience implementing processes that scale and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- The ability to remain composed with high volume of activities.
- A propensity to partner with others at all levels globally.
- The instinct to create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them.
- Bias for logical action: You have an urgency to lead systemic change through a data-driven lens without compromising quality.
- Empathy: You always want to understand someone's struggle.
- Organized: You know how to keep track of multiple projects through delivery.
- A desire to standardize, scale, automate, and then repeat.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.