WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU...
The first of its kind at Maxwell, the People Operations Manager will be key in building and aligning people practices as we scale our company. This role will focus on our operations roadmap which will result in automation, standardization, and centralization of People processes and systems. This person will also guide employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, policies, compliance and reporting.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING…
- Have a ground-floor opportunity to apply your broad-based People Operations knowledge and experience to set and drive the overall strategy for Maxwell, scaling it to meet our evolving needs.
- Have hands-on engagement in and accountability for the delivery of existing People Operations services in addition to building out new ones over time, such as benefits, leave and immigration administration capabilities, with the support of third party providers as needed.
- Provide leadership on people related issues, policies across the company, compensation and rewards, employee relationships and overall people development.
- Advise, coach, and train stakeholders on disciplinary and performance processes and ensure compliance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits to ensure we offer competitive base and incentive pay programs to attract and retain top talent.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law and implement changes/updates when necessary.
- Be an advocate of DEI and bring thoughtful strategies towards building an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they belong.
IDEALLY YOU’LL HAVE...
- 5+ years of People experience (we prefer experience in a high-growth or very dynamic organization, and one that’s highly highly focused on talent and culture)
- Track record of success leading company-changing people-related initiatives
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change
- Broad familiarity with HR best practices, as well as legal, compliance and cultural issues likely to be encountered by a business of our nature
- Skilled in employee relations, compensation, performance management and HR Systems
- Able to interpret people requirements and facilitate broad scale proactive solutions.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility and act with complete integrity; aptitude and proven ability to resolve conflicts creatively and collaboratively.
Compensation Range: $70,000-$85,000
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Flexible vacation time plus strong benefits packages offering a wide range of top-tier insurance plans so all Maxwell employees can find coverage that best suits their needs
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A company that is people-centric: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description