People Operations Manager at RingCentral
People Operations Manager
Job Type: Full time
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Employee Success
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
The Manager, People Operations will be instrumental in building upon RingCentral's excellent employer-employee relationship to help the US HR team scale for growth and further RingCentral's continuous goal to be a great employer. A successful manager will contribute to our high-performance company culture through strong ethical values, sound business judgment, and the execution of employee-oriented programs. The ideal candidate will possess a reputation for integrity, honesty, and discretion.
- Manage and lead a team of HR professionals in daily people operations in the US, ensuring the highest levels of employee engagement and satisfaction
- Provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Contribute to the development and execution of HR initiatives based on an understanding of different perspectives; gather agreement with stakeholders before implementing the initiatives
- Use creativity to overcome unexpected challenges while producing quality results for the company
- Provide insights and solutions to both internal and external customers to achieve positive results beyond highlighting issues
- Proactively and effectively address complex people operations issues, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and people
- Consistently review existing processes, systems, and policies for improvement. Develop and adapt to change with the collaboration of all relevant key internal stakeholders to produce the most effective outcome
- Communicate human resource policies, procedures, and programs with efficiency
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company
- You will partner closely with HR Business Partners and leadership to ensure that what we do connects the dots back to the needs of the business and employees and isn't just process for process sake
- You will ensure compliance with applicable employment regulations and best practices that are highly aligned to meeting the needs of the business and improving the employee experience
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable international, federal, state, and local employment laws
- Lead our immigration policies and programs, in partnership with legal counsel and recruiting
- Mandatory government reporting
- Knowledge of privacy laws and compliance, GDPR and CCPA
- Compliance around SOC2 and SOX controls and audits
- 8+ years of progressive Human Resources Generalist experience within high-growth technology companies; track record of building and scaling HR teams and organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related fields; SHRM or HRCI certification is a PLUS
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Ability to appropriately adjust communication style based on the audience
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Ability to position self as trusted thought-partner by building relationships
- Ability to balance multiple work priorities effectively and adapt to change
- Proven ability to champion a project from conception to inception
- Demonstrated teamwork to work with others to achieve effective results
- Maintains a high level of professionalism under pressure and demonstrates responsible decision making in stressful or unexpected situations
- Adept at motivating self and others for maximum results
- Demonstrated knowledge of all areas of HR: compensation, performance management, benefits, training, immigration, employment laws, and employment practices, LOAs, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or system in place.
- Technologically astute with experience with a variety of HR systems
What we offer:
- An opportunity to partner with world-class and passionate business groups.
- An opportunity to join us build a world-class HR function
- A face-paced environment
And yes, we also offer:
- Opportunities that accompany a high growth organization
- Centrally located in Belmont, CA (close to highways 101, 280, and 92)
- (10) Company Wide Holidays
- RSU's (Restricted Stock Units)
- 401K Match
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.