People Operations Generalist at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The People Ops Generalist will report into the People Business Partner, Senior Manager, and will support and work across all departments. You will partner with People Ops colleagues across various projects and initiatives, and support Checkr employees and managers across employee relations, benefits and engagement.
- Partner and support the People Business Partner team on larger projects and initiatives
- Provide on-the-ground support for the Denver office and employees, responding to questions regarding benefits, systems, performance and company policies
- Advise and guide managers across employee relations issues, performance management processes, company policies and HRIS questions and issues
- Ensure that exiting employees are managed appropriately including notifications, performance improvement plans, warnings, and conducting exit interviews
- Conduct exit interviews and provide administrative support for employee offboarding, leaves, and other situations
- Work with People Ops Specialists and HRIS admins on all People related administrative activities
- Collaborate with various departments on ad hoc projects
What you bring:
- Demonstrated HR generalist experience in a fast growing organization
- Knowledge of current employment legislation and an ability to apply this knowledge to real life employee relations issues
- Ability to build trust and solid relationships with the managers, People team, cross-functional internal partners and external providers/vendors
- A client service bias, meeting and anticipating client needs
- High degree of adaptability and flexibility to change
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and navigate in a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in a high-performance organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- HR qualification e.g. PHR/ SHRM-CP a plus
- Experience with Workday (or similar HRIS), Google suite, Greenhouse a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $88,400-$104,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.