People Operations Coordinator
At Techstars we strongly believe that our people are our most valuable business asset and that a significant driver of our success can be directly tied to our creative, driven, adaptable, and supportive people, who above all, believe in and embody Give First.
The People Operations Coordinator will work across all functions of Techstars to administer People Operations plans and procedures as we continue to scale as an organization. They will be a key contributor to building and maintaining Techstars’ “Give First” company culture by coordinating and improving initiatives to support hiring, onboarding, benefit offerings, learning & development, employee engagement, and more.
We are looking for someone that has stellar interpersonal skills, loves getting into the details and build out processes, is eager to learn more about what makes organizations great, and above all has a great sense of humor. (We try not to take ourselves too seriously)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain people data across all HR systems (e.g. Namely, Salesforce, Newton) with organizational and employee changes
- Coordinate hiring efforts and maintain our applicant tracking system by scheduling interviews and running candidates through the recruiting process
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities to better leverage technology and help the People Ops team scale
- Support benefits and payroll administration by making sure the correct and updated data is reflected in our systems
- Research and update processes or procedures to ensure compliance globally
- Assist in the planning and coordination of staff outings, our annual “Staffcon”, and miscellaneous team building activities
A Bit About You:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to keep your cool while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Insanely organized and get a inexplicable sense of satisfaction when you are able to “clean things up”
- Self-starter and team player in which you never have to be asked twice to follow up on something and nothing ever slips through the cracks
- You thoroughly enjoy working with all sorts of people have have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You strongly identify with our culture of being people-oriented, adaptable, and creative
- Strong interest and discourse competence around technology, entrepreneurship, and HR/recruiting. You are constantly striving to get better and learn more
- Sound judgment in that you are able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (HR-related degree a plus but not required) and/or two years of relevant work experience
Why You Want This Job:
- The long-term opportunity - We are looking for someone who can quickly grow and take on additional People Operations responsibilities, based on their interests. You’ll get exposure to all things People Ops related to gain a wide perspective of the business.
- Our mission and vision - We building a worldwide network to help entrepreneurs succeed. That means we get to work with some of the best and most innovative entrepreneurs and companies around the world every single day.
- The challenge - Probably the only thing we can guarantee is that you will never, ever, ever be bored. Yes, you will be asked to roll up your sleeves and do some of the less glamorous work, but we are quickly growing and you’ll learn a ton about scaling a global business
- The Team - If you spend any time with Techstars employees you’ll quickly learn that they are pretty incredible human beings. Not to toot our own horn or anything… but it definitely makes our job easier.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,400 companies with a market cap of $13.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.