People Operations Business Partner at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The People Operations Business Partner (POps Partner) is responsible for aligning business objectives and driving HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness within their business segment. The POps Partner will utilize HR knowledge to manage and support throughout the employee life-cycle. They will engage with executive leadership and management to provide strategic HR consulting, coaching, operational guidance, and solutions in the areas of talent acquisition, employee and manager development, program development and implementation, employee engagement, oversee administration of various programs and ensure legal compliance. This role will have the ability to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly and will be able to communicate needs proactively. A successful POps Partner will assess and anticipate HR related needs, develop integrated solutions, and engage in collaborative approaches to champion the needs of the business.
- Provides value-added HR support and counsel to employees, managers and senior business leaders to enable the success of strategic and operational business objectives.
- Provides coaching to senior leaders and people managers on leadership and management skills.
- Implements communications programs to increase employee engagement and morale.
- Assists managers with successful onboarding for new employees and off-boarding for exiting employees.
- Partners with People Operations Team on various activities including: Hires, Transfers, Promotions, Separations, Retirements, Disability, FMLA, Unemployment, Workers Compensation, Benefits, etc.
- Manages communications/coordination of company programs and initiatives.
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and resolves through a systematic and analytical approach.
- Collaborates with People Operations Team to meet department goals and support initiatives
- Assists in the maintenance of electronic team member files, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality
- Consults with management team to analyze and assess employee needs and issues and develops and implements appropriate action plans.
- Conducts internal investigations related to employee complaints of unlawful discrimination or other issues of a serious nature. Develops approach, questions, and leads investigation interviews. Documents results, reviews with Legal and recommends appropriate action.
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies/guidelines and identifies opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- Adheres, analyzes and coaches management and employees on Company directed compensation program.
- Uses data and analytics to ensure business leaders make fact based decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Management. Master’s degree in HR, Business, or closely related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior work experience in human resources.
- In-depth knowledge of HR laws, practices, regulations, employee relations, recruitment, and compensation.
- Self-motivated multitasker, who is extremely organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in handling routine and non-routine situations.
- Able to lead discussions, influence and negotiate, and effectively engage and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand the need for change and adjust accordingly.
- Handle all responsibilities with a high level of diplomacy and discretion and safeguard confidential and proprietary company and employee information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar.
- Experience in Workday and Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry or other highly technical environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance.
- Fitness membership discounts.
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave.