People Operations Business Partner
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The People Operations Business Partner (POps Partner), supporting the Customer Service/IT team, is responsible for aligning business objectives and driving HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness within their business segment. The POps Partner will utilize HR knowledge to manage and support throughout the employee life-cycle. They will engage with executive leadership and management to provide strategic HR consulting, coaching, operational guidance, and solutions in the areas of talent acquisition, employee and manager development, program development and implementation, employee engagement, oversee administration of various programs and ensure legal compliance. This role will have the ability to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly and will be able to communicate needs proactively. A successful POps Partner will assess and anticipate HR related needs, develop integrated solutions, and engage in collaborative approaches to champion the needs of the business.
- Serves as Business Partner in support of the Customer Service/IT Team.
- Provides value-added HR support and counsel to employees, managers and senior business leaders to enable the success of strategic and operational business objectives.
- Provides coaching to senior leaders and people managers on leadership and management skills.
- Implements communications programs to increase employee engagement and morale.
- Assists managers with successful onboarding for new employees and off-boarding for exiting employees.
- Partners with People Operations Team on various activities including: Hires, Transfers, Promotions, Separations, Retirements, Disability, FMLA, Unemployment, Workers Compensation, Benefits, etc.
- Manages communications/coordination of company programs and initiatives.
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and resolves through a systematic and analytical approach.
- Collaborates with People Operations Team to meet department goals and support initiatives
- Assists in the maintenance of electronic team member files, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality
- Consults with management team to analyze and assess employee needs and issues and develops and implements appropriate action plans.
- Conducts internal investigations related to employee complaints of unlawful discrimination or other issues of a serious nature. Develops approach, questions, and leads investigation interviews. Documents results, reviews with Legal and recommends appropriate action.
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies/guidelines and identifies opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- Adheres, analyzes and coaches management and employees on Company directed compensation program.
- Uses data and analytics to ensure business leaders make fact based decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Management. Master’s degree in HR, Business, or closely related field.
- PHR/SPHR certification is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years prior work experience in human resources.
- In-depth knowledge of HR laws, practices, regulations, employee relations, recruitment, and compensation.
- Self-motivated multitasker, who is extremely organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in handling routine and non-routine situations.
- Able to lead discussions, influence and negotiate, and effectively engage and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand the need for change and adjust accordingly.
- Handle all responsibilities with a high level of diplomacy and discretion and safeguard confidential and proprietary company and employee information.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar.
- Experience in Workday and Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry or other highly technical environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance.
- Fitness membership discounts.
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.