In this role, you will be one of a small but mighty team responsible for the entire employee experience at SonderMind. You'll focus on all aspects of People Operations data including the system they reside in and support the continued build out and improvements to People Operations infrastructure as we scale rapidly. Connected to our corporate goal of being a career defining workplace, our ideal candidate, will love focusing on the details!! (i.e. all aspects of data accuracy, confidentiality, payroll processing, benefits administration, putting data in their proper place, researching and resolving employee issues, and helping building efficient and effective processes to provide a positive and consistent employee experience.) This individual will report to the Director of People Operations and will also participate in a variety of special projects in order to meet department goals.
- Within one week, become familiar with current HR system, processes, and employee benefits
- Within two weeks, audit and reconcile all employee data and ensure proper payroll and benefits set up have taken place
- Within one month, fully own Zenefits administration and optimize our use of the platform
- Within one month, build at least 3 process documents related to pre-hire and initial onboarding (tax, payroll and benefit set-up) to ensure new hire data is 100% accurate and create (or present, or both) payroll and benefit training to new hires
- Within two months, organize all department files, documents, forms within the various portals and drives we use and index them for clarity and efficiency of use by People Ops and all other SonderMinders
- Within three months, help build the next 3 months of runway for the data related aspects of People Operations - payroll tax set-up in new states as we expand, future benefit offerings and cost analysis, compensation survey participation and salary planning, robust wellness offerings and thoughtful employee recognition program
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with Zenefits, or comparable Cloud based payroll, HCM, or HR system, and be able to own in-house payroll administration
- Must have a thorough knowledge with federal and state employment and wage/labor laws in regards to payroll, benefits administration
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to interact with a wide variety of internal and external contacts
- Eagerness to grow and take on a variety of projects
- Ability to deal with stress and short time frame demands with tact and composure
- A four-year degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related field
- Four or more years’ HR experience with particular emphasis in payroll, benefits, HR systems, data management, etc.
- Experience handling highly sensitive/confidential matters and a good sense of judgment
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. 401k matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
How to Apply
Submit your resume AND cover letter with a compelling reason why you are the right person for this important role.
SonderMind is redesigning behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. We are doing this by building a national, integrated network of behavioral health providers and allowing them to thrive in private practice, while also creating a seamless, technology-enabled experience for consumers to find the best therapist to meet their needs. We were voted the #1 Best Place to Work by the Denver Business Journal in 2019 and are growing rapidly http://bizj.us/1px5hy. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you.
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Read Full Job Description