People Experience Advisor
People Experience Advisor
Small business makes the world go around – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
Working closely with the Director of People Experience (PX) and the US PX, Talent, & Learning Teams, this role will be responsible for supporting our People Experience Business Partners and providing generalist HR advisory support and coordination for an identified client group within the business. Teams within the identified client group may vary over time, with the US PX Team continuously reviewing their portfolio's and assigning HR resources as needed, to best suit the business needs.
The role incorporates a broad spectrum of HR advisory and coordination responsibility, including advice and support to people leads on all people related matters.
What you'll do
- In conjunction with the relevant PX Business Partner / HR Director or Manager, you will provide meaningful and accurate HR advice and guidance to your specified client group, across the full spectrum of HR; including legislative requirements, recruitment, on-boarding, performance management, employee development, remuneration, HR systems, benefits, retention, departures and change management.
- Support the relevant TX Specialist to ensure best practice recruitment processes are in place.
- Work with the LX team to help identify learning opportunities that may be required.
- Provide support and assistance with Xero's approach to performance conversations, including running any necessary performance management training.
- In partnership with the PX Business Partner, you'll provide remuneration advice and guidance, including support with the annual salary review.
- Run regular engagement reports.
- Facilitate international transfers in conjunction with the relevant PX Business Partners and Workday team.
- Support employees and respond to general HR queries.
- Contributing to PX projects such as the new staff induction programs, staff surveys, remuneration review, policies, and performance review processes.
- Assisting the wider PX team and Coordinator during peak times and on any overflow work as and when required.
Success looks like
- PX tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner, to a high standard.
- Excellent HR support is provided to the client group to help grow a collaborative and highly effective team.
- Engagement plans and reporting is consistently reviewed and feedback is given to the leadership team.
- Recruitment activities within client group are completed in a robust, timely and effective manner.
- Harmonious working relationships with all staff, managers, business stakeholders and the global PX team.
- HR advice provided to the client group is of a high-quality standard, is timely and accurate and documented appropriately.
- Feedback from business stakeholders about the quality of service/advice provided is positive.
- Xero attracts and retains high-quality staff and remains an employer of choice.
- Xero meets all HR legislative requirements at all times
What you'll bring with you
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills including consultation, facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations within the business.
- Current and practical working knowledge of all employment-related legislation and application of HR best practice.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information with discretion.
- A pragmatic approach and willingness to escalate issues to the PX Business Partners in a timely manner if unable to meet deadlines, or unsure of how to resolve a situation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time.
- Minimum 3-5 years hands on HR advisory work
- Proven HR Advisory experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio management experience
- Detail knowledge of core HR lifecycle and benefits (such as 401K)
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- An appropriate HR qualification or relevant HR experience.
- Practical knowledge and experience in creating and facilitating effective HR processes.
Why you'll love Xero
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We have a unique and special culture based around our values (#ownership, #challenge, #beautiful, #human and #champion) and offer a number of other great benefits and perks including Xero shares.
So if you want to hear more and get the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story please apply!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.