Guild is hiring a People Business Partner (aka HR Business Partner) to serve as a strategic and tactical partner to our business and functional leaders on People-related issues.
In this role, you’ll develop strategic relationships across your Guild business unit, acting as a unifier, employee and company champion, and trusted advisor to managers and employees. You’ll be a critical member of our growing People Team and an ambassador of Guild’s mission and culture.
As a People Business Partner, you will:
- Develop strategic partnerships with business and department leaders in order to improve employee engagement, optimize team performance, and increase organizational effectiveness.
- Counsel leaders on issues related to employee and manager development, talent acquisition, talent management, interpersonal and team dynamics, retention, employee engagement, benefits, and legal compliance. Broker HR and recruiting support as needed to address needs in the business unit.
- Solicit feedback and utilize data to identify, surface, and act on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness, culture, and morale of teams while balancing individual, team, and company interests.
- Support the strategic creation, communication, and rollout of people programs and policies within your business unit, ensuring programs and processes are equitable, effective, and scalable.
- Model Guild’s desired culture, values, and behaviors and work to build and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
Most Critical Skills
- 5+ years of experience in building effective business leader partnerships. Strong at linking business strategy and optimal corporate function to effective people strategy.
- Relevant expertise with HR practices, policies, and laws, as well as org development principles, such as role definition, org design, and workforce planning.
- Able to credibly, confidently challenge and influence others’ thinking and behavior, regardless of level, function, or personality.
- Adept at diagnosing critical people issues and enabling leaders and managers to connect behaviors to outcomes and implement appropriate solutions
- Demonstrates discipline and adaptability in ambiguous environments; able to balance multiple, competing priorities and projects.
- Excited to bring expertise, enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to our growing team in a fast-paced, fun, mission-driven, highly-collaborative environment
Strongly Preferred Skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A strong analytical orientation; seeks out relevant data and employs analysis to drive decision-making
- Judgment and maturity to balance individual, team, and company interests
- Passion for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and comfort discussing and advancing related topics with individuals and teams
- Strong program and project strategy, planning, and management skills, including the ability to collaborate with others on the People Team and beyond
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.