People Business Partner at Guild (Greater Denver Area, CO)
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring a People Business Partner (aka HR Business Partner) to serve as a partner to our business leaders. As trusted partners to Guild's leaders and advocates for employees, it is our mission to create and activate key strategies and solutions that enable our people to deliver on Guild’s double bottom line.
As a People Business Partner, you will play four critical roles:
Strategic Partner: Through leadership, courage and business acumen, build trust and credibility to influence both business and leadership decisions. Lead the business by connecting the business strategy with the people strategy.
Talent Maestro: Enhance organizational effectiveness by building, aligning, and integrating people solutions to drive business outcomes.
Culture Champion: Elevate employee experience and engagement to ensure an inclusive environment where all employees thrive.
HR Expert: Facilitate and execute effective HR support, solutions, and strategies
Additionally, you will:
- Develop strong partnerships with business leaders in service of improving organizational effectiveness, optimizing team performance, and to elevate employee engagement.
- Counsel leaders on issues related to employee and manager development, talent acquisition, talent management, interpersonal and team dynamics, retention, employee engagement, benefits, and legal compliance. Broker HR support as needed to address needs in the division.
- Solicit feedback and apply data to identify, surface, and act on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and morale of teams while balancing individual, team, and company interests.
- Support the creation, communication, and rollout of people programs and policies within your division, ensuring processes and programs are equitable, effective, and scalable.
- Model Guild’s desired culture, values, and behaviors and work to build and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Drive execution of Guild’s performance programs and processes.
- Orchestrate process improvement initiatives.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in building effective business leader partnerships. Strong at linking business strategy and optimal corporate function to effective people strategy.
- Relevant expertise with HR practices, policies, and laws, as well as org development principles, such as role definition, org design, and workforce planning.
- Able to credibly challenge and influence others’ thinking and behavior, regardless of level, function, or personality.
- Adept at diagnosing critical people issues and enabling leaders and managers to connect behaviors to outcomes and implement appropriate solutions
- Demonstrates tactic and adaptability in ambiguous environments; able to balance multiple, contending priorities and projects.
- Excited to bring expertise, passion, flexibility, and patience to our growing team in a fast-paced, fun, mission-driven, highly-collaborative environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A strong analytical orientation; seeks out relevant data and employs analysis to drive decision-making
- Judgment and maturity to balance individual, team, and company interests
- Passion for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and comfort discussing and advancing related topics with individuals and teams
- Strong program and project strategy, planning, and management skills, including the ability to collaborate with others on the People Team and beyond
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000 - $112,500, as well as company stock options.#LI-JG1
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.