SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
The People Business Partner is both a strategic advisor and a hands-on practitioner, providing full-cycle human resources leadership for SonderMind’s Customer Ops team. This role is core to executing our people initiatives, providing excellent support to frontline employees and managers, coaching senior leaders, and driving HR programs and process improvements. Working closely with Company Ops, Talent & People leadership, and functional leaders across the business, this role is a thought partner that is critical to the success of our fast-growing Customer Ops team.
A Customer Ops organization that can measure and consistently achieve high productivity, high morale and engagement, low absenteeism, low attrition, subject matter expertise and career growth.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Managers and Directors to develop, implement, and evolve HR strategies to support the agendas of the business in areas such as performance management, capacity planning, compensation modeling, and organizational design.
- Develop effective coaching frameworks for managers and employees
- Effectively engage, partner, and consult with Talent partner to forecast and deliver the talent acquisition needs of the Customer Operations organizations
- Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee engagement, performance, retention, and employee experience
- Assess leadership and employee development training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate
- Triage and diagnose employee relations matters, with support of People and Talent leadership
What you'll bring with you
- Balancing Stakeholders - understand the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders, taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing, balancing, and aligning stakeholder interests.
- Building Relationships- ability to build networks of genuine trust and loyalty with colleagues, candidates, and within the community.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills- adept at influencing, negotiating, and building rapport
- Drive for Results - a bias for action, intrinsic motivation, maximizing opportunities, and making bold decisions at the right times.
- Resilience & Adaptability- ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction; comfortable with risk and uncertainty; self-directed and proactive.
- 5+ years' experience in an HR business partner role or related leadership roles with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management
- Experience supporting human resources in a cell center environment
- Willingness and ability to be hands on with all levels of the organization as well as serve as strategic partner to business unit leaders
- Ability to influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization in sensitive situations, with special care for core values and well being
- Ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams and consult effectively and independently with all levels and functional areas of an organization
- Ability to travel
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility, including management responsibility. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Commitment to continuous process improvement in people strategies and initiatives
- Ability to analyze data and create compelling presentations to influence decision-making
- Effective communication skills- written, verbal, and listening skills. Excellent presentation skills and extensive experience delivering employee and manager and training
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- In Colorado, starting salary for this position is $100,000. Actual pay and title are commensurate with experience and location.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.