Payroll Specialist at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist who will play a critical role within our team. This is a hands-on position responsible for all payroll and related responsibilities working closely with employees across the organization as well as specifically interfacing with the accounting, finance, and HR functions.
What you'll do:
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines, with a strong customer service orientation and good attention to detail.
- Prepare and process biweekly multi-state payrolls for approximately 5,000+ employees.
- Effectively prioritize to ensure compliance and accurate record keeping and ensure payroll is processed in compliance with multi-state wage and hour laws.
- Process miscellaneous off-cycle checks including final paychecks, severance, etc.
- Ability to resolve internal/external employee inquiries in adherence to department SLA’s.
- Process overtime and FLSA pay.
- Support internal and external payroll audit requests.
- Assist Manager and the team with special projects as required.
- Process cash and non-cash incentive awards.
- Assist in payroll monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when communicating with employees.
Who you are:
- 2+ years full-cycle payroll experience, with strong experience using a payroll processing software (Ultimate Software/UltiPro is a plus)
- Understanding of payroll-related deductions (e.g. benefits, 401k contributions, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team oriented and able to work with employees at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $25-$28.85 per hour, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Generous paid time off policy
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world