Payroll Specialist at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As the Payroll Specialist at Alto, you'll own the payroll process from start to finish. You have enough depth of experience within the payroll world to handle the full payroll processing for a growing company. You are able to research and resolve payroll issues and provide a high level of customer service to all employees. You will be integral as we scale and establish appropriate workflows to ensure all of our employees are paid efficiently, correctly, and on time. You are team-focused, customer service oriented, and will partner collaboratively with our Finance and People teams.Accelerate your career as you:
- Process payroll for exempt, non-exempt and independent contractors in multiple states on a weekly and bi-weekly schedule
- Coordinate with employees and managers to ensure timecards are accurate and approved in a timely manner
- Calculate and process off-cycle payruns
- Partner with HR to update ADP WFN for new hires, employee changes, promotions, terminations, additional earnings, and one-time payments
- Manage benefit deductions and garnishments
- Reconcile and validate payroll data prior to transmission
- Respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner, troubleshoot issues related to payroll and manage the payroll inbox
- Coordinates with payroll service provider on issues affecting employee and company level payroll
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws, and best practices
- Assist with processing accurate and timely year-end reporting (1099, W2 & W2-c)
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Assist with audits, upgrades, and implementations
- Perform other tasks as needed
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Experience using the Workday HRIS
- In-depth knowledge of ADP Workforce Now/Time and Attendance
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Highly proficient in Gsuite and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
Salary Range: $75,800.00 - $90,400.00
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.